Kaseya Community

KES/Exchange Server Query

• We presently don't use KES but have been looking into it.
    I was hoping someone could shed somelight on how KES works on an exchange server:
    1. Does it do SPAM filtering?
    2. Does it do A/V and SPAM filtering on the exchange server (not just on the clients outlook)?
    3. Does it do Web Site reputation checks?
    4. Does it do web filtering. eg block access to internet radio sites, adult content, etc between 8am and 6pm.

We currently use Trend Micro (which quite a lot of people on this forum seem to dislike!), but it works well for us and is easy enough to link into Kaseya with event log monitoring and log parsing. I think most other programs lack the web filtering ability it has.

Legacy Forum Name: KES/Exchange Server Query,
    Legacy Posted By Username: eddy@dgs.com.au
  • 1. No
    2. Just A/V, add-on license per mailbox
    3. Yes - you can enable the feature but not control it (which isn't really much of a problem)
    4. No

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Matthew Bartels
  • Hi Matthew,

Thanks for your replies.
    I guess we would still need to install a SPAM filter on Exchange servers if we went down the KES route.

Eddy.

• Look into using a product like Appriver.com. It takes spam filterinf away from the Exchange server (freeing up resources) and give you a great revenue generator to add to your arsenal.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I agree with boudj in putting the spam and anti-virus filtering on an outside provider. We have used Postini for years and our customers love it. It also intergrates with Connectwise reporting if you use that.

Legacy Posted By Username: jrvandy
  • Trend also provides a service where they will do the AV/SPAM filtering before it gets to your mail server, and this is included free in the SMB product that we use.

They also have a MSP console so we can see the status of all our clients and generate meaningful reports, though I admit it would be nice to have all this in the one place, namely Kaseya.