Kaseya Community

How to create bootable usb drive for Universal Restore?

• Does anyone know how I can create a bootable usb flash drive for the Universal Restore process?

The CD won't work for some of our clients machines because they don't have CD drives. I tried manually running the TrueImage.exe that BUDR installs on the computers. There is a function here that will make a bootable USB for recovery but it doesn't make the fulll True Echo Enterprise with Univerasal Restore program....it only makes a scaled down version that doesn't have all the Universal Restore capabilites as the ISO that we can download from Kaseya and burn to CD.

Detailed steps would be great. Thanks!

Legacy Forum Name: How to create bootable usb drive for Universal Restore?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: dapopa9
  • Surely someone has had to do this before right?

Legacy Forum Name: BU-DR,
  • I haven't, but remember others discussing this in the forums. Search on BartPE and see what you find.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • You should be able to extract the files from the Acronis Recovery ISO and then specify to boot to USB on the servers. You may have to change the BIOS settings depending on the hardware brand.

Legacy Posted By Username: jviggiano
  • I need to know how to actually make the USB drive bootable from that ISO. I know how to tell the server to boot from a USB device...but making the USB drive bootable is what I'm having trouble with. You cannot just copy the contents from the ISO and put them on the USB drive....it won't be bootable.

jviggiano
    You should be able to extract the files from the Acronis Recovery ISO and then specify to boot to USB on the servers. You may have to change the BIOS settings depending on the hardware brand.

• http://wintoflash.com/home/en/

I've used this tool to make bootable USB drives for Win 7 and BartPE successfully. I would extract the contents of the UR ISO to a folder, and in the wintoflash program, use the option 'transfer WinPE XP/2003 to usb'. Then just point it at the respective folder for 'pe files source path' and it should work. Works great w/ BartPE + BUDR/UR plugin anyway. Good luck!

Legacy Posted By Username: benny@geeksaknockin.com
  • I use this...

http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/unetbootin/

No need to extract the ISO. Just browse for your ISO and select which drive you want to write to. Works great. Use it all the time with ShadowProtect Recovery CD ISOs to make bootable USB stick.

Legacy Posted By Username: GXR
  • actually now i made a bootable pendrive for myself and question is 

how to add two bootable files in the same pendrive 

i wanna to add snap deploy and Ubuntu in the same pendrive (becasue i'm only have one pendrive)

i can manager but does it really possible?

i've just read it here for making multi bootabel usb

but cant able to make it for myself. Sad

plz reply!!!!

thnaks in advance.