Kaseya Community

Getting file from FTP server

• I was wondering if anyone had scripted pulling down a file from an FTP server. I could do it by pushing a text file with the ftp commands and executing it using a command shell step but I was wondering if anyone had anything more elegant.

The reason is I have to deploy a 10mb patch out to several hundred machines and our FTP server has far better bandwidth to handle this load then the internet connection the KServer is on.

Legacy Forum Name: Getting file from FTP server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: andrewra
  • It allows you to pull down files from an FTP URL to the local filesystem.

If this is a patch for a 3rd party product, can you get the patch from their server, which probably has better bandwidth than anything you have at your disposal.

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • the url you want is

ftp://usernameStick out tongueassword@ftp.url.tld

I use this often and it works really really well... I agree with David when ever possible use someone elses site to download files, especially if you're in Australia where they charge out the ...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Thanks for that. I tried it and it worked.

The developer unfortunately doesn't have the patch on a public server which is why we have had to look at hosting it ourselves, although since we have taken this client Kaseya is a huge improvement as they were having to manually patch every node.

Legacy Posted By Username: andrewra