Kaseya Community

Office 2007 SP2 Silent install help

• I am trying to push SP2 for Office 2007 silently but can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas how I can push SP2 via Kaseya silently?

Legacy Forum Name: Office 2007 SP2 Silent install help,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • I deployed this evenign via "regular" Kaseya patch management.

Looking at the K internal script that was generated, it ran the following for the Execute File command

C:\wolftrack_temp\office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /Q

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Thank you.

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • I was looking through my machines today. Looks like the patch for SP2 for Office 2007 that I deployed via Kaseya Patch Management is listed as Failed for several machines.

One of the machines in at my home office. When I looked on the About window for Outlook, Word, Excel, it showed SP2. So I am not sure why Kaseya shows the patch as failed. I will have to troubelshoot some more.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I had a case where the SP had installed (successfully) via patch management, but the user could not open Outlook. It would crash every time. Tried detect and repair. Tried a new user profile. Had to uninstall Office 2007, reinstall, applied SP2, and it was ok.

But I've also had cases where it installed fine. Not sure if it was just a problem on this one PC, if it happens again I'll post back.

Legacy Posted By Username: djmundy
  • lwolf
    I was looking through my machines today. Looks like the patch for SP2 for Office 2007 that I deployed via Kaseya Patch Management is listed as Failed for several machines.

One of the machines in at my home office. When I looked on the About window for Outlook, Word, Excel, it showed SP2. So I am not sure why Kaseya shows the patch as failed. I will have to troubelshoot some more.

Lloyd

Lloyd,

Had this exact same thing. Word claimed to be SP2.

* ran office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /Q (nothing happened - good)
    * ran office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe (no options) - can't install, already installed it tells me
    * scan machine, 1 patch to install
    * go to windows update, need to install kb953195! wtf? (pls excuse language). Download is about 300MB. OK do it. Downloads 80.1MB! $*&@^
    * scan machine again, NOW OK.
    * word is still SP2 (good).

Anyone have any idea what the heck was the 80.1MB that I apparently needed to install but Kaseya completely missed?

Marc

Legacy Posted By Username: itmd
  • We're having the same problem. It says the patch failed. I went to the update ran it manually without options, it says it can't install because it is already installed.

Legacy Posted By Username: JoelTerrell
  • JoelTerrell
    We're having the same problem. It says the patch failed. I went to the update ran it manually without options, it says it can't install because it is already installed.

Have you tried running windows update? Do you get the same results as myself with a further 80.1MB download required?

Legacy Posted By Username: itmd
  • TITaN
    I am trying to push SP2 for Office 2007 silently but can't figure it out. Does anyone have any ideas how I can push SP2 via Kaseya silently?

office2007sp2.exe /quiet /norestart

Legacy Posted By Username: Brad Dionysius
  • Hi ITMD,

We had the same issue with the ~80 MB file. We finally tracked it down to Visio 2007 SP2 KB953327, which is not listed in our Kaseya Patch Management at all. We had another machine that needed a 70MB download from Windows Updates, turned out to be Sharepoint Designer 2007 SP2. It seems that not all Office products are updated in the standard SP2 from Kaseya.

Grant

Legacy Posted By Username: GrantCole