Kaseya Community

Symantec - Check Definitions

• CheckDefsUpToDate_Symantec.zip
    Using the script developed by Onno de Vries of Kaseya, I recently began checking whether Symantec AV was up-to-date.

This script has worked well until today. For some reason, AV clients which updated yesterday are reported as being 325 days out of date.

("Symantec AV is OUT-OF-DATE. The last update occured 325 days ago. Definition currently used is 20081201.006.")

Anyone good enough in VB script to figure this one out? Script is attached...

Legacy Forum Name: Symantec - Check Definitions,
    Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • Hi Nevesis,

i just did some tests here with the script and all is well on my end I got 2 days old which was correct.

What is the format of the Definfo.dat file has this changed. Ours is [DefDates]
    CurDefs=20081202.004
    LastDefs=20081201.006

I would suggest you put some wscript.echo's in place where it creates the date values.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Scripts Forum,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Happened again today...

"Symantec AV is OUT-OF-DATE. The last update occured 237 days ago. Definition currently used is 20081204.003."

• Age = DateDiff("d",CDate(dC & "/" & mC & "/" & yC),Date)

should be

Age = DateDiff("d",CDate(mC & "/" & dC & "/" & yC),Date)

Does Kaseya even test their scripts?!?!

• Dear Nevesis,

As you probably know, the format of the date your system is using to display or records dates is dependend on the settings of your OS. For Instance, in Europe people mostly use DDMMYYYY format, in US MMDDYYYY is used.
    Any script Kaseya provides is tested but also is delivered to our customers as is.
    However, since you´ve stated yourself, the script did work and in Mr. Martin´s opinion it even still works. I suspect something else would have been changed on your system that started this malfunction?.

Legacy Posted By Username: onno.de.vries@kaseya.com
  • I had to change mine too but it's no big deal.
    As with any script, you're gonna have to tweak it a little to match your target system.
    It works great though. Thanks Onno!

Legacy Posted By Username: jgoyette