Kaseya Community

Can I reduce the entries on the Procedure Log?

This question is not answered

While looking at the Procedure Log in the "mouse over" window, there are a bunch of "Success THEN", "Success Else", etc...  Which when debugging are useful.  But, to have a tech monitor that for the results of a script they've run, it's kind of messy.  Is there a way to limit what shows there automatically?

All Replies
  • There are two check boxes of interest under [System > Configure]

1. Enable logging of script errors marked "Continue script if step fails"

2. Enable logging of successful child script execution in agent procedure log

• Thanks!  I looked at those and read the description/help files.

I just ran my speedtest.net script, and here's what I got.  The lines I've highlighted are really extra and just fill up the log unless troubleshooting the scripts.  I don't these will be affected by those settings, will they?

9:24:42 pm 8-Feb-14 SpeedTest.net Success THEN trey
    9:24:41 pm 8-Feb-14 SpeedTest.net Speedtest Results ------------------------------------------------------ Finding fastest server.. 4346 | Finezt Systems (Dallas, TX, United States) ......... ..... Ping: 36.00 ms | Download: 46.24 Mbps | Upload: 20.41 Mbps ------------------------------------------------------ trey
    9:24:41 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file Success THEN trey
    9:24:41 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0001 Success ELSE trey
    9:24:41 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0003 Success THEN trey
    9:24:41 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0003 Overwrite disabled and file exists - adding text to existing file. trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 SpeedTest.net-0004 Success ELSE trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 SpeedTest.net-0003 Success ELSE trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file Success THEN trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0001 Success ELSE trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0003 Success THEN trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0003 Overwrite disabled and file exists - adding text to existing file. trey
    9:24:19 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file Success THEN trey
    9:24:18 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0001 Success THEN trey
    9:24:18 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0002 Success THEN trey
    9:24:18 pm 8-Feb-14 Write text to file-0002 Overwrite enabled and file exists - deleting before write process. trey
    9:24:18 pm 8-Feb-14 SpeedTest.net-0001 Success ELSE trey
    9:24:18 pm 8-Feb-14 SpeedTest.net Starting SpeedTest. trey

• I always add a keyword to the beginning off all my log entries , i.e. the ones I create , and so then via SQL I can query just the script entries with my keyword in them.

This way I essentially ignore all the other "noise" and just see the rows I'm interested in

• Thanks Paul,

So then you're not having techs monitor a script via the Procedure Log window?

• Nope

What is it your techs are looking for in the logs ?

If you just want to know which scripts are failing then the is an Alert that allows you to do that

• We have a speedtest script that returns the results to the Procedure Log window.  I've since added it so that the results are emailed as well, but it's nice to just check it in the Procedure Log window.

• Also, it's just interesting that there are entries like "Success THEN" that give no real description as to what might be generating that, so it's not useful information anyway.

• Hi Trey,

Interested in the speedtest script you're using, as the one I'm trying to use is failing on finding fastest server.

would you mind sharing  ?

rgds

• speedtest.xml

Sure, I started with this: community.kaseya.com/.../19358.aspx

• Ok, did a test this morning but not details in the mail

finding fastest server........ but that's all.

rgds