Kaseya Community

Powershell Script Execution Issues

• I put together some new Powershell procedure steps, all of which include some extra processing of results to better capture them to a variable.

You should see 4 new ones - 32 bit / user, 32 bit / system, 64 bit / user and 64 bit / system.

To apply them:

1) Download www.kaseyanow.com/august_2011_agent_proc_fixes.zip

2) Extract the folder structure within the ZIP to your Kaseya folder. You should be asked to overwrite the existing folders, as well as subScripts.xml.

3) Run Re-Apply schema, either from Start -> Kaseya -> Reinstall Database Schema, or via the Kaseya GUI under System -> Configure -> Reapply Schema. This will take anywhere from 3-15 minutes depending on your server, so you may want to run this after-hours.

I'll probably update the vbscript steps next to allow for 32-bit vs 64-bit execution as well.

Please let me know if these seem to help when running your Exchange powershell scripts.

I *may* try to add a new step for Exchange powershell scripts that intelligently detects your Exchange PSC1 file based on what you guys have been discussing in this thread :)

• Thanks, Ben! I see them now and will give them a try. I'll look forward to the changes for vbscript execution.

• MailboxSizes.zip

Here is what my mailbox size script has turned into over time. I'm sure it could be cleaned up aesthetically, but it gets the job done and it detects Exchange 2003, 2007, or 2010.

• All I can say about this script is: IT ROCKS!

I tried this script on all Exchange versions, even with several datastores (on exchange 2007 and 2010, not exchange 2003), it just works like a charm!

Thank you so much for this!

[edited by: walteij at 1:25 AM (GMT -7) on 4-27-2012] multiple datastore remark added
  • Hi Zippo, can you tell me what you did that made that work, im having the same trouble, just trying to make a kaseya procedure that will run a ps1 script of my choosing, if you could help, that would be super.  thanks in advance. im having trouble getting any assistance from the forum.

community.kaseya.com/.../16343.aspx

• also when adding the kaseya procedure above, im getting an error saying, that "an item with the same key has been added", not sure what that is?