Kaseya Community

Ashay Log Parser setup

• Hi All,

I'm looking to monitor the log files in Ashay backup software. We (and I'm sure so are many of you) are using this solution to back up your servers. How are you monitoring the log files? Currently we're getting emails for each site/server. If you're like us, this is really inconvient as we only care about the failed or unsuccessful backups.

I'd like to count the the successes for reporting, and create tickets for errors. I'm aware of how the log parser works and with the community's help have had great success on a Trend monitoring solution that works like a CHAMP!!!

Has anyone put together a parser for Ashay? I've started to play with it and test with the test parser but currently have not had much success.

Legacy Forum Name: Ashay Log Parser setup,
    Legacy Posted By Username: darcement
  • Hi,

I was not planning on using the logparser of Ashay, but the API requests to the Ashay server. The manual of Ashay gives a lot of information about requesting XML from the server. I did succeed in retrieving the information but didn't get around to parse this.

My 2 cents.

Alrik

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: alrik
  • I take it you don't use connectwise?
    We use connectwise to parse the emails, and close the tickets on success and create an open ticket for failure; works real well.

If you do use Connectwise, give me a ping offline and I will be more than happy to give you our setup.

Legacy Posted By Username: quicktech
  • We also use Kaseya in conjunction with Ahsay and ConnectWise, and although i had Ahsay->CW parsing setup just as quicktech wrote, this solution may prove problematic in the future as the tickets auto. set to closed will unnecessarily inflate the SQL database when in actuality we just want to delete the email. I've been in touch with Ahsay support and have requested the ability to define on the web admin portal what TYPES of emails are sent; I'm told this is a feature request which will make it into a version sometime soon. But in the mean time, we setup an Exchange email account for our Ahsay accounts, set that email in the Ahsay user accounts, and created a filter rule in Exchange that automatically deletes emails with the string "[Successful]" in the subjects. All other emails have a filter rule that moves (not forwards) them to an Exchange public folder which is then watched by the ConnectWise email connector, with tickets being generated from there. It seems like a ton of duct tape for something that should have been as simple as a radio button in the Ahsay web admin portal to disable all successful emails...

Legacy Posted By Username: chipz
  • The Powers at Be are going with AutoTask. I think I found a solution to this that I'm sure ConnectWise is using as well. It's a 3rd party tool that we're sending all our tickets through and that filters the subject to put the ticket in the correct place in our ticketing system. "Solved" !!! Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: darcement
  • What is that third party tool you are using?

Legacy Posted By Username: corpitsol
  • Most likely it's Email2DB. This is what we used to parse emails/tickets when we used Autotask.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave