Kaseya Community

Multiple Agent Offline Alerts

• I'm looking to create multiple alerts for when a server is offline. One when it first goes down after 5 minutes and one if its been down for 15 minutes. Is this a possibility?

The reason for this, is that some end users have Blackberry Internet Services which automatically times out after 15 minutes and 3 failed retries. I need an e-mail generated when this has occurred.

Any insight and I would be grateful! Thank you! Smile

Legacy Forum Name: Multiple Agent Offline Alerts,
    Legacy Posted By Username: pbketb
  • Yes, and you don't need a Monitor Set to accomplish this.

Go into Monitor -> Alerts -> Agent Status. Set a time to get the first alert, then setup the "Rearm" time. The "Rearm" is when you want Kaseya to reset the clock to alert you again if the agent is still offline.

If you have a 5 minute "Time Offline" and a 5 minute "Rearm" value, you will get notified at 5 minutes, then at 15 minutes, 25 minutes, etc. It's a little confusing, but it works.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave
  • Dave,

Thanks for the reply, I understand the rearming times but I don't want to be notify every 15 I want 1 extra notification after 15 minutes. Can I apply two of these agent alerts in anyway? One for 5 minutes with a 1 day rearm the default and 1 for 15 minutes for no rearm?

• Unfortunately, no, you can only have 1 offline alert.

I'm not sure you can do what you are looking for. If the agent is offline, Monitor sets won't fire.

My question would be, why don't you want to be continuously alerted if a server is down? I like to be constantly nagged (as well as nag my HD guys) if a server is not back online in short order. This also reminds me (and them) to suspend alarms on any server they are doing maintenance on or suffer the barrage of emails.

• Dave,

We use ConnectWise for ticketing and I would like a ticket generated by e-mail when this alert is sent. That is the reason I can not have it alert constantly until it comes back online. That would be a large amount of tickets created.

Is there anyway to monitor this via monitor set?

• With ConnectWise (we use it too) you can set it to recognize duplicate emails and ignore them. This way you will only have 1 CW ticket even if you have multiple emails from Kaseya.

Monitor sets would not work in this case because the monitor sets would not fire because the server is actually down.

Another thought would be to use System Check to ping the server from another server or workstation and alert you when the ping doesn't respond for X minutes. This would be a different email and you could have it go to your Help Desk instead of generating a CW ticket. (You would have to make sure the other server/workstation is always on to perform the system check ping.)

• Dave,

I ended up using the External Monitoring feature from my Kaseya Server. I appreciate all your help!

• CCDave
    With ConnectWise (we use it too) you can set it to recognize duplicate emails and ignore them. This way you will only have 1 CW ticket even if you have multiple emails from Kaseya.

Can you tell me how you do that? We too use connectwise. Thanks! Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: deborala
  • Here's what I got from my CW admin on the duplicate email piece:
    They will need to configure the email connector through setup / email Connector and define parsing rules.
    On the email connector setup screen there is a checkbox labeled: Discard Emails with Duplicated Subjects.

Hope that points you in the right direction.