Kaseya Community

Check SQL post Reboot

• How is everybody making sure SQL Servers are up and running after rebooting machines post patching?

Legacy Forum Name: Check SQL post Reboot,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TNITG
  • Nonone? Should be someone out there who needs this.

Legacy Forum Name: Monitor Sets,
  • I've created specific monitor sets to see if the needed services are running. if they arnt i get an email and do what needs to be done.

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Well each Software has it's own processes and services that need to be running. I don't think checking basic SQL Servers Processes will verify full functionality across multiple clients with different Business Management Solutions.

So basically, I need to create multiple sets, one for every kind of solution? That would be TONS of work. If that's the only way, so be it. But if there's any other way, I'd be open for suggestions.

Thanks!

• I was speaking in general terms, but yes for application specific monitoring (DM, and the like) I would set up specific monitor sets, starting with a generic one, so that I can reuse it and set specific threshholds per client.

I agree that it's a pain in the butt, but, it's the best way that I've found so far. I'd be open to any suggestions also (it's one of the reasons why I troll the forums)

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Well, unlike most here, our company is using Kaseya to help us support one application, not the entire network/system.

The question here is one I'm familiar with Smile

The product we resell/customise/maintain is ACT! by Sage in all it's flavors.

It runs atop an SQL DB, specifically an ACT7 instance.

Thus I have a monitor set that checks that the the service "SQL Server (ACT7)" is running, if not then it auto runs a script that restarts it
    net start "SQL Server (ACT7)"

and send me an email.

I assign that to all the servers running ACT! and any other machines that run a local copy.

Now if I get an email just the once, I know it's restarted ok, if I get two or more I know I've got to log on and take a look.

Because it's done via a monitoring set, after a reboot (i.e. patches being applied) etc, if SQL doesn't restart I tend to know about it fairly quickly Big Smile

Hope that helps you some TNITG.

Legacy Posted By Username: benhamilton