Kaseya Community

Agent Version

• After updating to patch 9.3.0.16 new machines show agent ver 9.3.0.9, but VSA show latest agent version Available 9.3.0.7?

Why the difference?

• Probably just forgot to bump the number. Kaseya tend to that sort of mistake from time to time.

9.3.0.9 appears to be current. Almost every 9.3 patch has bumped the agent version, so we are kind of used to just pushing agent updates after every patch now ;)

• Given that the only change listed for 9.3.0.16 was an update to KAV I think we warrant a better explanation for an agent version bump :)

Also - not wanting to hijack the thread but has anyone come up with a method whereby we could turn on automatic agent updates *except for selected endpoints* (typically thin clients with the write filter applied, so they can't be persistently updated without us intervening)? Perhaps automatic agent update could be turned into a policy setting?

• @Combo

There's a Kaseya System script  "K Agent Update" with scriptid of 132

You could try creating your own script that calls the "K Agent Update" script.

Then you can add what ever rules you like around how often the script runs and what machines it runs against.

Worth a try ...

Paul

• Interestingly, existing agents cannt be upgraded to 9.3.0.9 - even if you tick the force update button they remain on 9.3.0.7. Newly installed agents get 9.3.0.9.

Looks like a design issue - ticket raised with support #150366

• Paul Haaker

There's a Kaseya System script  "K Agent Update" with scriptid of 132

You could try creating your own script that calls the "K Agent Update" script.

Good idea Paul, I'll give that a go!

• Looks like this may be only an issue for those who loaded the "broken" release of patch 9.3.0.16

After applying the re-released patch 9.3.0.16, freshly installed agents revert back to version 9.3.0.7. Looks like 9.3.0.9 may have been an error - testing to revert my 9.3.0.9 agents back to 9.3.0.7 currently.

• Craig Hart

Looks like this may be only an issue for those who loaded the "broken" release of patch 9.3.0.16

I'm in that boat but as I haven't noticed any ill effects with the 9.3.0.9 agents and have no urgent need to reapply schema I think I'll just wait for the next patch release.

• Patch 9.3.0.17 now has agent version 9.3.0.9 as the current version.

• I also updated to 9.3.0.17 tonight and the Agent version issue has been resolved.