Kaseya Community

Error when trying to deploy K2 over top of old agent

This question is answered

Basically I'm receiving an error when I attempt to deploy the K2 agent over top of the old Kaseya agent (5.1.0.1 I believe). I tried creating the package using the /r /w switch with no luck. The only way I have had success is by manually uninstalling the old agent, rebooting the workstation and manually installing the new agent. I'm only having this problem with Windows XP machines. Windows 7 installs without any hiccups. The error only states "Installation of the agent failed." Also I have the administrator credentials binded, etc. etc.

Verified Answer
  • I used my previous method of remoting into the server then connecting out to the node workstations last night and it worked just fine. A little time consuming however better than driving on site.

All Replies
  • Are these old agents still checking into your Kaseya server? If so, you'd have much better luck using Agent > Update Agent, than trying to manually reinstall over each one.

• They are actually checking into a different Kaseya server. The new one is a completely different server at a different address.

• The only way I can get this to work is to uninstall the old agent, reboot and install the new agent. Could I possibly make a script that does this or would the script halt after the agent is uninstalled? Or could I force uninstall all of the agents and just create a logon script that executes the new agent install off of a shared directory on the local network somewhere.

Basically I'm trying to complete this remotely without having to go onsite to every single one of my clients and work on every single machine. I have thought of a round about way of going about this. Basically I could leave the agent on the server alone and make sure all the other machines are configured for RDP. I could then remote into the server and use the server to remote into each one of the machines to uninstall, reboot and install the new agent.

[edited by: trlenker at 11:45 AM (GMT -7) on 10-5-2011] Added idea.
  • I used my previous method of remoting into the server then connecting out to the node workstations last night and it worked just fine. A little time consuming however better than driving on site.