Kaseya Community

using mac for admin work remote active x issue

• I am trying to use my mac osx leopard to remotely login to machines to work on them. The trouble i'm having is I can't seem to load the active x control that comes with a remote session on my mac and therefore can't establish a session. I am trying to use safari.

Can anyone make any recommendations?

Legacy Forum Name: using mac for admin work remote active x issue,
    Legacy Posted By Username: iamnet
  • Macs cannot utilize activex - so you can do everything but remote control and FTP as far as using a mac as an admin box ... you can load Parallels and run Windows and use IE6/7/8 though thru that to do just the remote control stuff - that's what I do ... hopefully in the near future they will change from ActiveX to java or something else that will enable the remote control and FTP sessions from Mac to another box, rather than having to use windows and IE for these specifically.

Legacy Forum Name: Macintosh,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • I heard there is a new version of Kaseya is being released this October. Will have to see if this is included in the newer version at least.

Last Year, we weren't able to use Mozilla within windows, but Kaseya came up with a very good work around. Expecting to see something of this kind for Macs as well.

Sandeep

Legacy Posted By Username: sandeep@affinity-networks
  • I'd LOVE to be able to manage/remote control from a mac!

Legacy Posted By Username: msurtees
  • Can someone please update this with new information. Not being able to manage machines remotely from my mac is less than fun. Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: cameronpratto
  • Even with K2 remote management from a MAC is not possible ...

Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting
  • Sandeep,

I must respectfully disagree with your highly positive assessment of Kaseya's implementation of kickstarting remote access in FireFox. In IE, which I loathe with a passion unknown since caveman days, I click once. In FF, I have to click to launch, click to clear the error, click the link to load the alternate, and double-click to run it. If I don't clear the option to validate that I really, really do want to run an executable I just downloaded, then I have to click one more time!

This is not worth my time and effort, and it gets super weary when there's a task that cannot be scripted and required individual efforts on 10 or more machines. So, to Kaseya I say, thanks, but no thanks. Java can do lots of things, Kaseya. It can, indeed!

Tyler

Legacy Posted By Username: tregas