Kaseya Community

KLC from Mac issues after deleting the Chrome settings folder

This question is answered

I used to be able to run KLC just fine under OSX Lion and Chrome, but yesterday I was stupid enough to delete the Chrome settings folder under my profile, and that's when things started acting up. Certain features of KLC, such as live desktop thumbnails, live CPU and RAM usage graphs, Event Viewer, Task Manager, Registry Editor - just went missing, nowhere to be found. Other features, such as File Manager, Command Shell and RC are still there and working fine.

Now, here's what I tried to remedy this issue:

- create a brand new user with blank profile and set up things from scratch, no effect;
- update Chrome from v14 to v15, no effect;
- tried using Firefox instead, no effect;
- tried reinstalling LiveConnect.pkg and PluginManager.pkg, no effect;

At this point I started thinking of uninstalling both packages, looked inside and viewed the contents of the Archive.bom files with lsbom. This pointed to the following folders:

- /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/nppmgr.bundle
- /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/npklcmc.bundle
- /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/npnpklcrl.bundle 

As root, I've removed these directories as well as all /private/var/db/receipts/com.kaseya.pkg.* files. This has provided some effect: at start, Kaseya suggested to install PluginManager.pkg, and after a browser restart it started downloading plug-in files. However, this left me with the same reduced amount of functions.

The list of installed browser plugins (Safari > Help > View installed plug-ins) is saying that the following KLC plugins are installed:

- KLC CommandLine
- KLC FileManager
- KLC Message Client
- Plug-in Manager
- KLC Relay Plugin 

This pretty much corresponds to which functions are available through KLC. I'm trying to get an idea on where the rest of the functions are supposed to be coming from. Are they system-wide browser plugins, like the ones mentioned above, or is there some .crx extension for Chrome that provides these functions?

At this point I'm stumped. Can someone please let me know which plugins they have, if they are running on Mac? Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hey,

The KLC options you are seeing are correct for OSX. You must be confusing them a little with the full set of plugins available on Windows! KLC from Mac has only a subset of functions at the moment :)

Cheers

All Replies
  • Update: I made a virtual machine with a clean Mac OS X Lion install, and tried KLC there... with the same results. Which probably means these features are simply not yet implemented for Mac. As I spend a lot of time at a Windows box, could have simply mistaken one for another.

A question to Mac users: which functions do you get in KLC? Are there Event Viewer, Task Manager and Registry Editor? Thanks a lot!

• Hey,

The KLC options you are seeing are correct for OSX. You must be confusing them a little with the full set of plugins available on Windows! KLC from Mac has only a subset of functions at the moment :)

Cheers

• Hi Josh,

Yes, that was the case indeed, just wanted to confirm it.

Thanks for taking time to respond. :)