Kaseya Community

Remote subnet LAN watch

• I have a new client that is spread out through the east coast and has a hub & spoke network. There is only 1 server for all sites (AD DC at the hub), as the spoke offices communicate to the server through a IPSEC tunnel. I got kaseya installed on their DC and was able to use LAN watch to scan all workstations on the local subnet (eg. 172.5.10.x) of that server, but when i try to scan for workstations on other subnets (172.5.20.x-172.5.60.x) through the IPSEC tunnel, view lan returns no results. I can ping any computer from any office and resolve DNS, so i know it is not a firewall issue. I am wondering if LAN watch is not able to scan IP's of different subnets.

Also I am able to view all workstations from view AD computers, and have selected to run the agent installation executable, but i would like to have a faster way of installing kaseya, instead of having my client reboot all their workstation for the installation through view AD computers to work.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: Remote subnet LAN watch,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jrahmani
  • The upcoming Network Discovery module will be able to do what you want, however LAN watch can do it to now, but you need to have a computer on site already that is setup with a K Agent either way to do the discovery either thru the new module or thru the LAN Watch ... In your case however, I'd recommend a logon script to install the agent if not already installed ... under the Agent tab you can create the scripts for the logon to the domain ...

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: TBK Consulting