Kaseya Community

Media Information

• Hi guys,
    We are using backup exec (various versions) on a lot of our client sites, I have one site in particular where they keep forgetting to change the tape, the backup is just running over the same tape each night, now I know I could set the tape to eject but I dont really want to do that as the particular customer isnt alway in the office to change the tapes, but what I'm looking for is to see if anyone knows a way to pull out the media information from backup exec through Kaseya, to give me the label of the current tape in the drive, anyone know if this is possible?
    Lorna

Legacy Forum Name: Media Information,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lornacummins
  • You probably ae one of the last techs to use Tapes. Why dont you simply switch to disk based backups? If you want to pull the the media label check eventlogs, you might be able to pull that informaiton from the event logs.

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: richie3333
  • There are still very good uses for tape backup - the right tool for the right job. Anyway, I think Backup Exec can be monitored using both WMI and SNMP. Go here for more detail: http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/239922.htm

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: How-To,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael