Kaseya Community

Machine Groups Course Material

• I'm just going over the emPower courses for the first time, and I think there's some conflicting/incorrect information in the "SPTT 102 Machine Groups" course.

At the part where the instructor discusses "Naming Policy", he says:

"Anybody checking in through aardvark will be re-routed through the connection gateway of 66.44.22.11... This is very advantageous in the event of, let's say, a laptop that may not necessarily be on-site. The machine ID will be re-directed to the aardvark gateway."

Is this correct? Is traffic for an off-site agent actually re-routed (somehow) through the gateway that you've specified for the machine group in question? The way that I've always thought this function worked was that any agents the VSA sees coming from the gateway in question are put into the group you specify (so in this scenario, any agents coming from the 66.44.22.11 gateway would be automatically placed into the aardvark group).

Does anyone have some clarification?

Legacy Forum Name: Machine Groups Course Material,
    Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • you are correct.

Legacy Forum Name: emPOWER Education,
    Legacy Posted By Username: theodis
  • theodis
    you are correct.

vague answer

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • Your statement,

“any agents the VSA sees coming from the gateway in question are put into the group you specify (so in this scenario, any agents coming from the 66.44.22.11 gateway would be automatically placed into the aardvark group).”

Is correct.

The VSA will look at the gateway (and/or IP address) the agent is coming from and dynamically change the agent's group based on the IP address. so, in the example of Aardvark, if your laptop in the support group were to connect from the Aardvark network it's group would change to aardvark.

We will address the course to clear up any confusion, thank you for your observation.

Legacy Posted By Username: Charles.spencer@kaseya.com
  • webcam performers wanted,boys and girls are all okayMSN: songruoxv@yahoo.comICQ:613-914-015

Legacy Posted By Username: onlinegames988