Kaseya Community

IMAP feed to Service desk

This question is answered

We are in the process of evaluating the Kaseya Service Desk module. One problem is that Kaseya SD supports POP while our mail server supports IMAP and MAPI (yeah, you can guess which one).

Now my question is, how much of a job is it to get Kaseya SD to talk POP, if i compare it to how much of a job it would be to convince our Internal IT that they should taint their mail server by allowing POP traffic on the internal network. The latter option will not be counted in peanuts...

~rL

Verified Answer
  • I haven't seen any IMAP options. It's a whole different ball game for an email processor to consume IMAP data. It's a thread of information rather than individual files. The other way around this would be to set up a gmail or similar account to send to and then pop that account.

Tell IT this is what you will need to do without POP enabled on the LAN. Point out the excessive data that will be moving over the corporate internet and that enabling POP would be the more sustainable solution.

• We use the SD module, and with POP at that. Realistically you aren't talking a lot of configuration. I'll be honest, we made a SD account with a mailbox, enable POP on our 03 exchange server, change the access tab so that only the kserver's ip can access it and the case is closed. Only one IP is given POP3 and it's kept internal. POP isn't allowed outside the organization so there's no outside threat there. You have more issues with unsecured SMTP setups then POP3.

• Just checked into this one -- IMAP will be added in the next release of Service Desk, slated for GA in January.

All Replies
  • I haven't seen any IMAP options. It's a whole different ball game for an email processor to consume IMAP data. It's a thread of information rather than individual files. The other way around this would be to set up a gmail or similar account to send to and then pop that account.

Tell IT this is what you will need to do without POP enabled on the LAN. Point out the excessive data that will be moving over the corporate internet and that enabling POP would be the more sustainable solution.

• We use the SD module, and with POP at that. Realistically you aren't talking a lot of configuration. I'll be honest, we made a SD account with a mailbox, enable POP on our 03 exchange server, change the access tab so that only the kserver's ip can access it and the case is closed. Only one IP is given POP3 and it's kept internal. POP isn't allowed outside the organization so there's no outside threat there. You have more issues with unsecured SMTP setups then POP3.

• Just checked into this one -- IMAP will be added in the next release of Service Desk, slated for GA in January.