Kaseya Community

In anyone using Kaseya emPower?

• Are any Kaseya customers using the Kaseya emPower program? We are looking for feedback before we begin our trial.

Thanks

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: In anyone using Kaseya emPower?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jauerbach01
  • Imported Empty Post

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Gamer-X
  • why not?

• I'm using it. My only complaint is that the video is too small. Other than that, it's been extremely helpful. I can definately see emPower reducing Kasey's support ticket calls.

Mike Sims

Legacy Posted By Username: mikesims10670
  • ok I am editing this post and removing it of my own free will. If I am going to comment on this topic I want to do it properly......

and I am not saying that I want to comment on this topic all that much in the first place.

All I mean is that I am not really a big fan of Kaseya empower.
    I would like the company to spend money, time and energy in other needed areas.... I do not think empower is a necessary business model branch. Plain and simple. Do not read anything into it.

Please do not ask why. If you like empower ... hey use it and run to the moon with it. If you don't hey join the club. If you are clueless.... then go get unclueless.

Gamer-X

• Since when did K start competing with their MSPs? Can you be specific about this? Any examples you can refer to?

Thank you,

Mike Sims

• Imported Empty Post

• Blank reply?

• We signed up about a month ago but haven't been deployed yet by their team. -E

Legacy Posted By Username: espeer
  • I understand that part of the empower program includes something called IT Assist Network Monitoring which sounds like Kaseya's response to Zenith InfoTech. I have always believed that Kaseya should provide better event/monitor sets than the samples that are provided and it appears they are, but only by paying through this service..Has any received this service and can you view the monitor/event sets that they load on your system? I don'treally need their NOC team but I would liketo improve my event/monitor sets...

Legacy Posted By Username: cberger
  • I'll second that cberger.

Smile

Gamer-X

• I had to reply to that didn't I....? This subject gets me going... not in a positive way either. Boom an hour gone just like that.
    Hi Mark... sorry about the "hitler" comment that I made and removed myself earlier in this thread....I was grasping at the wrong pile of straws... in any case, it was not what I meant.

so discussion time....

So why should the people paying more for this service known as "emPower" get access to monitor/event sets, scripts, etc... that we MSP's do not have access to?

IS THAT PART OF THE PROGRAM? Do they get access to special stuff?

This is the slippery slope that bothers me with this type of program. Scripts that no one else has...monitor sets...Special batch files, that perform better than what we currently have.................... COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE... THIS IS why you should buy... we are better because we have access to things no one else has...

IT SHOULD NOT BE THIS WAY!!! not for MSP's anyway. I do not care what happens to enterprise clients... go suck on a egg.

It may not happen this year... but if this program continues into the future, they will be pressed to add more value, and more revenue each year... that equates to more so called "benefits" that are EXCLUSIVE to this program.....

THIS IS WHAT I DO NOT LIKE about emPower!

NOW I DO HAVE A SOLUTION TO THIS ISSUE and its an easy one..... Kaseya, make a spot on the forum where you post ALL your scripts ALL ALL ALL ALL ALL your scripts that the support team has, that Jim has, that Mark has, that Paul has, all scripts, tricks, reports, monitor sets, SNMP, xml code, asp pages, half baked scripts, scripts that do not work, bits, pieces, ideas, all the "that would be so cool's" etc..YOU GET THE IDEA, approved for use AND not approved for use, and make them all available to MSP's and there ya go........ Keep it transparent all the time, and no issues. Make a disclaimer to not use them in production environments unless you are stupid, and BLAMMO! Problem solved!!! Equal playing field.

In fact I like that Idea so much, I wish you would start that forum thread period! We all know that you guys have GOT to have some pretty cool scripts, and asp pages lying around.

I know that some of the guys at Kaseya think this argument is silly, and does not hold any water, and that you do not intend to do this, and that it is only a service.... etc.... blah blah blah, and I welcome your input into this discussion, but do not think for a minute that I think you are using the EXACT same stuff that I am, and that it is only your brains that are different in this equation. I have a big brain too. :-D er uh... anyway I die gress...Big brains... big heads... big egos... small xxxxx.

I really think this is a sore spot that no one is really talking about. The quiet Trojan Horse of Troy.

Finally,
    I thank cberger for being honest in noting that he would like a peek at the so called "special" extras...HELL... who wouldn't.... but I do not necessarily want to use your program in order to gain access to the knowledge....

I will gladly change my mind, if I can join one server and one workstation for one month and you will totally hook me up with all the goodies in your goodie bags!....I will absolutely consider it.:-P

Gamer-X

• The emPower program is for those MSPs that are new to the product and don't have the manpowerinternally to monitor servers effectively, or for those who need extra manpower without having to go out and hire more people.

We demo'd emPower because my company was deciding if it was cheaper and more effective to "outsource" part of the business while we maintain a very close relationship with the customer and only do jobs with higher margins, i.e., custom application development.

Since I'm the owner of the business and have gone through this process,I can tell you that there is definitely value in what they are offering, although I think they should offer those monitor sets out of the box (Zenith and others do).

Wechose not to use the service. We decided to refocus some of our support engineers toupdate our monitor sets.

on another note, maybe a topic for another thread...

While the Kaseya framework is a powerful application, it needsalot of work on both the front end and back end.Also, Kaseya supporthasn't been very responsive.It's taken almost 5 days to get responses, when we actually get them.

Ouraccount mgr has been helpful, butunfortunately he doesn't knowhow to set up an snmp monitor Smile

IMHO

Jeff

• So when you were demo'ing the empower were you able to view or exportthe event/monitor sets? I will do the demo just for that... Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: cberger
  • Yes. -E

Legacy Posted By Username: espeer