Kaseya Community

New Acronis 9.1 in upcoming Kaseya?

• We've heard that the upcoming Kaseya version release was slightly delayed in order to allow the addition of the new backup version.

Will it include the recently released Acronis 9.1 backup engine?

Will it provide (or offer as an add-on) the new Acronis Universal Restore to allow us to restore an image to DIFFERENT hardware? That is an incredibly useful feature thatwould be a HUGE benefit.Cool

Legacy Forum Name: New Acronis 9.1 in upcoming Kaseya?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • The 4.6 release of BU-DR will be based on the 9.1 True Image product. There are several enhancements and new features we will be adding. The Universal Restore product from Acronis is a separate product and although being sold, still needs a fair amount of testing. Also, don't be confused, it will restore to different equipment but there are several caveats.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • The new Universal Restore add-on has several caveats? Or the base Acronis engine has several caveats?

I'm familiar with the current caveats that prevent us from using different hardware in numerous circumstances, so the Universal Restore sounds extremely attractive (on paper at least).

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • The Universal Restore. It requires and looks for certain information that the hardware manufacturer needs to provide. Some manufacturers do not even know that this information is needed until Acronis tells them. There are also issues with the OS. OEM, retail, site license, etc.

This is why it needs more time in the field and we need alot more information about it.We want to add this featureand are discussing it with Acronis. Not sure it will be an add-on or part of BU-DR yet.

We will have more details as the product matures.

Legacy Posted By Username: jimalves
  • What's the ETA on the 4.6 version? If it is going to include the 9.1 version of Acronis, this would solve most of my backup issues. The current version I couldn't use because of the way it did file transfers, but 9.1 is supposed to support differential transfers. Basically only sending the changes to my server. At least that's what they told me.

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: rfouche