Kaseya Community

Problems with Database on a separate server

• I'm running my Kaseya database on a dedicated SQL server box & I'm having some problems with it.

if the SQL server stops for some reason (reboot, etc) or becomes unavailable due to a network problem, one of 2 things will happen:

1.The Kaseya server will forget how to re-connect to the database & prompts me for the location and password when I pull up the VSA web page.

2. The Kaseya server service will show as stopped (even though the kserver.exe process is running on the box). Any attempt to re-start in in this state will result in the process hanging & I have to actually kill kserver.exe before I can successfully restart.

I can't determine what causes it to choose one failure state over another. Does anyone have some insight into what's happening? It seems to me that the server should simply re-try the database connection every few minutes until it can re-establish the connection.

Legacy Forum Name: Problems with Database on a separate server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: northstardave
  • I have the same problem with kserver stopped. Did you find out what is causing this?

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
    Legacy Posted By Username: srtaloo
  • No. So far I have no clue.

Legacy Posted By Username: northstardave
  • When the Kaseya service starts, it needs to authenticate to the SQL server. If the SQL box has restarted, but the Kaseya service was still operational, then it will not longer be able to connect with it's current details.

The easiest fix is just to reboot your Kaseya service, as this will clean out any conection details that are cached and allow the SQL connection to start up again smoothly.

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber