Kaseya Community

question about recovering from nuclear fallout

• _____________

My k server was uninstalledunauthorized. buti made a backup of my files the whole kaseya folder. I reinstalled the kaseya server and got it back up and running. I want to know if howi can recover my custom saved scripts and my reports. Also Since the kserver was uninstalled does the sql backup data also get uninstalled in the process? since SQL does backups all the time. What can i do about recovering where I left off.

Thanks

Anthony

RemoteTechs.net

Legacy Forum Name: question about recovering from nuclear fallout,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RemoteTechs
  • ok never mind there is an article out there that explains everything. The support guys answered my questions. Basicly all the data is housed in sql. so as long as you have a sql backup you can basicly recover were you left off there is a article that helps the whole way. Go look at the article 10004 "how do i move my kaseya server to a new computer." The article is perfect for recovering. Just though i would answer my own question for the benifit to you all.

Legacy Forum Name: Server,
  • Just for further information...

Under the System Tab->Configure there is an automatic SQL backup setting. This cycles through 3 backup files (so as not to fill up the HDD), which are a single DB dump.

Take a copy of this directory and you have everything you need to recover your server. If you ever have a catastrophic failure, you just set up your server again, install Kaseya by downloading it from the Kaseya web site. (If you are a Kaseya partner you can download from the Partner Section of the Forum).

Make sure you keep a copy of your license code written down somewhere safe as you will need that to redo the install.

Once you haev reinstalled you will find on the same Config page as above a 'Restore' function. Just point this at one of the backup files and you have restored the whole Kaseya system - sinmple!

Legacy Posted By Username: raybarber
  • yea thanks for the info, luckyi had a backup copy of it all but now i back it all off site through the net to another one of my servers on a daily basis which works great. But thanks for the extra info

Thanks

Anthony

Remotetechs.net