Kaseya Community

K2 Best Practices for MSPs with Tiered Services

• I was wondering what kind of strategy people are employing for organizing their agents in K2, specifically MSPs with tiered services.

In K5.1 we organized them like this:

tier1 (root group)
    tier1.customername1
    tier1.customername2
    etc.

tier2 (root group)
    tier2.customername1
    tier2.customername2
    etc.

This allowed us to easily identify which customers belonged to which tier, and it also made it easy to copy agent templates across entire tiers of agents quickly.

Obviously we can employ something similar in K2 by using Organizations, but that sort of butchers their intent. It would be great to be able to utilize Organizations while still being able to easily filter agents by their respective tiers. Any suggestions?

Legacy Forum Name: K2 Best Practices for MSPs with Tiered Services,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smartdolphins
  • We talked about how we do it via custom fields... well kinda talked about it... if you dont want to do orgs, you could try using Machine Roles.

And in poking around, I think I may have been misleading, the custom field that I was talking about is located in System Info section of the Audit tab...

If you go to custom field in the system tab (System |> Orgs/Groups/Depts > Custom Field (tab)) there is an SLA option that you might be able to use, but how to sort a filter on those fields I'm not sure...

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty
  • Yeah, I noticed the SLA custom field as well but I see no way to filter a view based on this. It's very unfortunate because I think this would be a great solution.

One option that looks promising is to create a scope for each tier and simply use those in the same way that I'd use a View. I'll probably go with that unless anybody has a better suggestion.

Legacy Posted By Username: smartdolphins
  • smartdolphins
    Yeah, I noticed the SLA custom field as well but I see no way to filter a view based on this. It's very unfortunate because I think this would be a great solution.

One option that looks promising is to create a scope for each tier and simply use those in the same way that I'd use a View. I'll probably go with that unless anybody has a better suggestion.

Yeah, it'd be a wonderful option to be able to filter via sla. But for now we'll have to suffer with a few extra steps and a whole bunch of different views...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty