Kaseya Community

Kaseya 5.1 and Windows Small Business Server 2008 x64

• Hi. Has anyone had any experience loading Kaseya 5 onto a SBS 2008 Server x64? I am currently on a Windows 2003 Std server, but the server is starting to fail - old - so want to upgrade the unit and install new SBS 2008 and Kaseya together on 1 new server. Any ideas and feedback will be greatly appreciated. [I intend to move up to Kaseya version 6 as soon as I can get it]

Thanks for the fast feedback David - much appreciated. I battle enough with the simple scripts, so will not be doing much in that right now. I just wanted to make sure that it co existed with SBS and Exchange 2007 on the same box before I started to do a new installation. My old server has just about had enough. Thanks again.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya 5.1 and Windows Small Business Server 2008 x64,
    Legacy Posted By Username: massador
  • SBS2008 is fully supported for the 32-bit agent in 5.1

The only thing you cannot do is set 64-bit registry values directly in scripts.

Same limitation applies to any 64-bit O/S.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Hi Just something to think about, i was told that i could not run exchange on SBS2003 on the same box as the kserver? I'm a ssuming that follows on to SB2008.

Legacy Posted By Username: FrankieBoy
  • If you are wanting to run the Server end of Kaseya on SBS2008, it is not supported. See the Kaseya System Requirements for this information (at the bottom). http://www.kaseya.com/support/system-requirements.aspx

Also, FrankieBoy is right. You can only run Kaseya on that server. This is from the above linked page:
    IMPORTANT: To qualify for server related support, the Kaseya server software must be installed on an instance of Windows that is dedicated to the Kaseya application. The Kaseya server must not be installed on an instance of Windows that is hosting another server application, such as Microsoft Exchange.

Legacy Posted By Username: CCDave