Kaseya Community

Kaseya 6

• Has anybody heard any updates to a release date for Kaseya 6 ????

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jeffboucher
  • Oct 01 2009

Legacy Posted By Username: jchurch
  • Darn, I saw your first reply of Sept 01 and got excited, but you fixed it. Oct 1 is the date I saw too on Jeremy's link.

Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • Date I'll apply it to my server: Nov 1 (I figure I'll wait for the kamikaze squad of first adopters to jump on it, suffer all the first time bugs/new options and tricks, and when all quiets down I'll then upgrade).

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We've got an empty server laying around that we want to set 6 on, it doesn't work the same as upgrading a full database but who knows what we'll run into even on a clean install. We'd love to copy our active installation onto this one in a test environment, and upgrade, but licensing won't allow it. Only one running server at a time. We'll be installing the trial on the new box.

• kaseya is being very careful on how they test and roll this out. I am one of the people testing K6 and I can tell you that if they wait until October, the product will be amazingly solid by then. It's pretty solid right now. As a matter of fact, I bet for many people K6 is ready for them now.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • Any news on the Release date for K6?

Legacy Posted By Username: HardKn0X
  • Unfortunately I was not able to get the beta. I was wondering if anyone has documentation on kaseya 6 so i can better prepare myself when it is released to me.

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: jrahmani
  • netwiz001
    I do not think they are adding any new Beta users. K6 is right around the corner, and most issues are resolved. From what I have heard they are trying to release K6 in August 2009.

It's the middle of September now. Does anyone know when this will be released? Confused

Legacy Posted By Username: powerbiz
  • jeremyj

Kaseya 6, the company’s next-generation IT services platform, will go live around October 1. It’s in beta test right now. Plus, a cloud version of the software is live today and being tested.

I haven't heard anything different since this.

• I heard that it will be a staggered rollout so they can properly handle support issues with upgrade installs as they arise.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • boudj
    I heard that it will be a staggered rollout so they can properly handle support issues with upgrade installs as they arise.

This is also what I have heard.

We are running K6 and loving it.

• far182

I think at the Connect 09 conference Kaseya was saying something to effect of:

• June 1, 2009 – “expanded beta”
    • July 1, 2009 – “controlled release”
    • ???, 2009 – “final release”

each release prior to the final shipping was going to be made available to select customers that wanted to work closely with Kaseya to ensure a smooth product debut. Which I hope will ultimately end up being soon.

From what little I’ve heard insofar though, it sounds as if updating to and running Kaseya 6 is pretty cool; I’m excited to get rolling with Kaseya 6.

Legacy Posted By Username: Jason Johnson
  • far182

Are you running K6 in production environment or just testing? We have been testing it and love it. Currently debating on moving some customer agents over to it.

Legacy Posted By Username: timbuktech
  • timbuktech
    Are you running K6 in production environment or just testing? We have been testing it and love it. Currently debating on moving some customer agents over to it.

Full production. Think about 3-4 weeks now.