Kaseya Community

Does Kaseya support give you answers you already know?

• Wow - if that's true then BUDR is not very well suited for servers, as most of my clients have Exchange and/or SQL running on them Sad

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • ReedMikel
    Wow - if that's true then BUDR is not very well suited for servers, as most of my clients have Exchange and/or SQL running on them Sad

Spot on......me too.

Kaseya, some answers please.

Legacy Posted By Username: Commander
  • We manage about 185 servers that host SQL DBs. We use to have countless issues so we created scheduled tasks that stop the database during the backup windows (midnight to 5 am).

As of acronis 9.7 we no longer have this issue but we regularly still stop the db just to play it safe.

Legacy Posted By Username: jcourtney
  • This thread as changed tack a bit but...

I would say have a look at ShadowProtect if you want to backup SQL and Exchange servers. It does the VSS VERY VERY well.

Doesn't have the same integration with Kaseya but it does report everything to the event log. Uploading to an offsite would need a mechanism other than Kaseya.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • here are quotes from Kaseya/Acronis:
    "Author: ernie.dolan
    Date: 06:11:06 24-Aug-09
    oops, saw that you alread tried full backups. let me know about the Acronis 9.7 install and if it corrected your incremental size issues
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Author: ernie.dolan
    Date: 06:08:17 24-Aug-09
    Jonathon,
    thanks for the update.

have you tried this step recommeneded from acronis:

Should this be the case, as a work around, we suggest performing full backup archives all the time, rather than incrementals. It may sound paradoxical, but it may run faster and better than an incremental backup archive in that scenario

also let me know if you have installed Acronis 9.7 and if it corrected your issues?"

"Author: jjohnston@get-covered.com
    Date: 06:40:44 24-Aug-09
    Yes we did install 9.7 on the trouble machines. Kaseya is only showing one of the four as having 9.7, the other three show build 9.5 still. We did reboot the machines.
    We have tried running just full backups, and the backup will run and is the correct size. The verify fails all of the time. The one machine that does show the 9.7 build is doing 10/1 day incremental to full schedule and the incrementals are now the correct size."

"Author: ernie.dolan
    Date: 07:03:19 26-Aug-09
    Jonathon,
    acronis confirmed that based on your aug 21st replay that the difference in incremental size is due to backing up database related backups. this is expected behavior.

here is the response from acronis.

Hello Ernie,

Thank you for the update.

As it was mentioned to you previously, the problem is that you are backing up some sort of database, so this explains why the incremental backups are that big.

Regarding the validation failure, this is being treated in a different case, which has been escalated to the responsible expert.

I'm closing this ticket for now. Should you require additional support or have any questions regarding this solution please reply to this ticket which in turn will re-open the case and immediately alert a Support Engineer."

"Author: jjohnston@get-covered.com
    Date: 08:50:05 26-Aug-09
    Thank you for the update, however I still do not feel that this is the correct response and that this issue is closed. If backing up a database was the cause of this problem, we would have about 40 other servers experiencing this issue. We backup SQL and Exchange servers on a regular basis without any issues. The servers that have been mentioned in this ticket used to work without any problems until about two months ago.

I respect the opinions that have been voiced and appreciate the responses, however to me the accepted solution and cause from Acronis does not make sense based on my experience with the program."

So now they are blaming it on a defrag or other backup. Nothing has changed, servers used to work. They just cannot give straight answers and help get anything resolved

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • I'd agree that support has improved some.

The problem is that tier 1 exists solely to search the KB and link to articles. And they don't have the best English comprehension, so the results may or may not be relevant.

The escalated support tends to be very knowledgeable. But the delay from escalation to response is unbearable.

I suspect this is because the escalated support appears to be mostly the developers themselves who don't appreciate being inundated with support requests.

Legacy Posted By Username: nevesis
  • How many customers in non english speaking countries would kaseya have compared to customers in english speaking countries? I wonder where support is actually based?

Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • This won't help with the BUDR issue, as the ticket is still open..... but I wanted to mention...

Regarding this thread topic of Kaseya proving poor levels of support....Please be sure to fill out the post-ticket surveys with comments. Alan Davis (VP Global Product Services) looks at those surveys and uses them to take action to improve techncial support.

Writing in the user forum can help us vent our frustrations (I have made my share of posts on the subject). But providing feedback via the surveys is the best way to let Alan know how K support is doing - good or bad.

I, along with several other members of my Kaseya peer group (representing about 10,000 K Agents total) met with Alan one evening at the K Users Conf in May. He was very interested in our concerns and promised action. IMHO, Alan is definately on our side, and willing to help.

Please look at Alan's post "Support Progress Report - August"
    http://forum.kaseya.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2
    Aggregated satisfaction value 89.0%

In this month's report, he does explain the reason that we get the text "I have closed your ticket" in situations when it feels like the ticket shoudl not yet be closed. It is due to a basic flaw in the current ticketign system, and hopefully will be fixed when the move to the new Service Desk module. This was something that I mentioned to Alan. It seems to just add fuel to the unhappiness fire, when we see those words, and we know our problem is not yet solved.

Regarding the % satisfaction level... how in the world in that possible, considering all the problems that we see here in the forum?? Well, there are a few reasons and possibilities...

- Reason #1 for such high support satisfaction numbers, when it often feels like we are not receiving great of support.... .... Kaseya has thousands of users. Some of them take the time to read the help file, search the KB, and exchange Q & A in the forum. But many/most do not. They just create a ticket that says "Patching not working. please help or pelase fix". As it turns out, based on discussions with Alan, 1st level support really does provide the appropriate/necessary information for many tickets. So for those of us who are more experienced, and have already tried many steps, we are in the minority. Alan said he is working on a way to allow K users who can prove their expertise (perhaps through testing) a path to get directly to second level support).

- Reason #2 for such high support satisfaction numbers, when it often feels like we are not receiving great of support.... Not enough people completing the surveys. If we have poor experiences, we need to document them in the post-ticket survey. I am sure that is the satisfaction level was 60%, he would even be taking more action. Whereas at 89%, it looks to him that he only has a short way to go to hit perfection.

I just wanted to mention this stuff. I too have certainly experienced way too many situations of poor support. I truly beleive that Alan is working on it. We need to keep in mind that 1st level supprot really does have a purpose, and they might be doing a fine job on many tickets (for others). And if you have a bad situation, please be sure to complete the survey, so that Alan knows.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I think K support needs to make their ticketing system more intelligent. Imagine if it tracked what percentage of each customers' tickets had to be escalated past level 1 support. If such a feature existed, they could then devise an automated routing system to bypass level 1 for customers that average more than x% needing level 2. Sure, they'd have to experiment with the x% threshold, but boy would that be a slick solution!

• Hey Kaseya people. I know you guys rip us a new one for picking up the phone to get an issue resolved. You treat us like children when we call in without having submitted our issue online. If we treated our customers like that, they'd drop us and got with another MSP with Zenith.
    Solution:
    Online chat room. We customers use each other for support (namely this forum) so why not give us a chat room where we can help each other live? Heck even stick the Kaseya support folks in the chat room so we can get past the obvious stuff quickly. There's no reason an issue cannot be resolved in one sitting.

Legacy Posted By Username: j.lee@carceron.net
  • ReedMikel
    I think K support needs to make their ticketing system more intelligent. Imagine if it tracked what percentage of each customers' tickets had to be escalated past level 1 support. If such a feature existed, they could then devise an automated routing system to bypass level 1 for customers that average more than x% needing level 2. Sure, they'd have to experiment with the x% threshold, but boy would that be a slick solution!

I am not holding my breath.... but Alan Davis said at the K User Conf in May that an automated escalation to 2nd level support would be available "soon" (for those users who could somehow prove good Kaseya knowledge, perhaps though some sort of online test)

He said that the new Service Desk module in Kaseya v6, which is what K Support will be using internally for support us, will have this feature. They were in beta at the time of the User Conf. I guess they are still not yet fully deployed.

It can't come soon enough for me. I will really look forward to this day. In the mean time, I am patiently waiting.

Lloyd

• While passing some sort of online test might be nice, why bother? All the proof they need is in their own ticketing stats. If a customer has say 90% of their tickets being passed on to 2nd level support, why not automatically escalate ALL their new tickets to level 2?

lwolf
    I am not holding my breath.... but Alan Davis said at the K User Conf in May that an automated escalation to 2nd level support would be available "soon" (for those users who could somehow prove good Kaseya knowledge, perhaps though some sort of online test) Lloyd

• I *think* that Alan did say that would be an option too. I think he said that the new Service Desk module was suppose to be able to measure that.

I am soooo looking forward to being able to get to second level support immediately. But I bet I where that will lead. Next, I will be wanting to get to 3rd level support/Developers - as that is where most of my tickets end up anyway :-)

Lloyd

• Yesterday, for the 1st time in the 2 years I've been using Kaseya... not once but TWICE I got great support. I hope to keep the streak alive.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • So I got to admit I had a VERY GOOD experience with support this last week. They answered the question in the first reply to the e-mail and they even followed up to make sure everything was okay. GOOD Job Kaseya support! And you should have your support team ask how Balaji.T is resolving his tickets because he did this one right!

Legacy Posted By Username: patrick.skelly