Kaseya Community

Does Kaseya support give you answers you already know?

• So I believe that the response time for tickets from Kaseya support has improved, however the quality of the responses have not. 90% of the time the first response is a reference to a KB article from Kaseya's KB that I have already read and ruled out as the trouble. That is why I am e-mail support. I have even told them I read the article and they send it to me still.

Is this your exprience?

Legacy Forum Name: Does Kaseya support give you answers you already know?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: patrick.skelly
  • patrick.skelly
    90% of the time the first response is a reference to a KB article from Kaseya's KB that I have already read and ruled out as the trouble. That is why I am e-mail support. I have even told them I read the article and they send it to me still.

Is this your exprience?

Yup. Same. I was sent a satisfaction survey before I'd even confirmed the issue was resolved, which it wasn't.

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: wodger
  • patrick.skelly
    So I believe that the response time for tickets from Kaseya support has improved, however the quality of the responses have not. 90% of the time the first response is a reference to a KB article from Kaseya's KB that I have already read and ruled out as the trouble. That is why I am e-mail support. I have even told them I read the article and they send it to me still.

Is this your exprience?

Spot on.

I even brought this up with our account manager. I told him straight, that i beleived that whomever responded to the ticket i rasied, obviously did not even look at the issue i logged, as the KB article i was pointed to had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the issue i logged.

I would suggest that its a VERY good way of Kaseya Support meeting response targets, and being able to manipulate figures, without actually responding to anything, and thats exactly what i told them.

Points for trying, but were not that stupid. We can see when the figures have been rigged to look as though something is being done.

Legacy Posted By Username: Commander
  • Everytime I request support they quote a KB article which doesn't exactly match. It seems they are responding with these so they can make there SLA's

Legacy Posted By Username: glenn@micromarket.on.ca
  • Please be sure to fill out the post-ticket surveys with these comments. Alan Davis (VP Global Product Services) looks at those surveys and uses them to take action to improve support.

Writing in the user forum can help us vent our frustrations (I have made my share of posts on the subject). But providing feedback via the surveys is the best way to let Alan know how K support is doing - good or bad.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I emailed support earlier today. This was my question:

Hi,
    Regarding this entry in the documentation:

[INDENT]Install Failed

If checked, an alarm is triggered when a patch installation has failed
    for this machine ID.[/INDENT]

How does the patch alerts/monitor system detect that a patch install has
    failed?

This was their reply just now:

Thank you for contacting Kasey Support. Could you please update the ticket with affected machine.groupid details which would help us to investigate the issue further?

Also please enable Kaseya Support login (System tab > Request Support and click the “Create” button to allow us secure access to your sever) OR Configure your firewall to allow Kaseya support login to investigate it further.

It demonstrates (to me anyway) that they either aren't reading or aren't understanding the question. I am getting more unlikely to allow them access to our server! I just wanted to know how the patch install failed alerts actually get detected, which I think I conveyed clearly in my question, no?

I have and will send the feedback via the survey. Posting on here to chime in on this thread, and in the hope that other members of kaseya management might see what's going on. Trying to be positive, but man.. it's getting harder. Roll Eyes

• I have been a harsh critic of Support since I purchased in 3/08. But I have to say, Support has improved for me significantly over the last several months. Sure, there are still times when level 1 techs do not fully comprehend my questions. When that happens I usually request they escalate it to level 2 - and then I get someone with a better understanding of English...

I find that level 1 now does a pretty good job of answering my questions - which are never very easy Smile

I think Alan has done a very good job of improving the overall support experience. Could it be better? Sure. But they seem to be making very positive strides IMO...

In this example that wodger has cited: I agree that if the tech fully understood English he/she should have responded with an explanation as to how Kaseya detects that a "patch failed". Do they simply check the WindowsUpdate.log file? Do they look for a return code from the patch's executable? Something else?

The "perfect" answer would have been to explain how patch failures are detected, then ask if there was a specific machine that wodger wanted further assistance with...

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • I have been told to review KB articles that I have already told them I have tried.

My favorite is when they have fixed something, blame it on something we did bt cannot tell me what they did to fix it.

Legacy Posted By Username: edguyer
  • For the most part I have stopped submitting support requests. It always feels like I have to go back and forth 5 times before the tech reads my original post.

That being said I've called kaseya support a couple of times after 5pm PST and have gotten some of the best support by any tech company. I'm not sure if it is the medium or the timing but my best experiences are when I create a ticket with the portal then call about that ticket after business hours

Legacy Posted By Username: jcourtney
  • jcourtney
    For the most part I have stopped submitting support requests. It always feels like I have to go back and forth 5 times before the tech reads my original post.

That being said I've called kaseya support a couple of times after 5pm PST and have gotten some of the best support by any tech company. I'm not sure if it is the medium or the timing but my best experiences are when I create a ticket with the portal then call about that ticket after business hours

I totaly agree with the after 5pm support. I tell all of our techs to open support requests after 5pm, you will get very good support, we always do. Weird though....

Legacy Posted By Username: TITaN
  • Regarding my example above:

The final response was:

Hello,

The patches are installed based on the patch policy set to the machines.
    As per the automatic update schedule the patches are installed.
    These patches are scheduled through scripts, once the script fails the script log is created and based on the logs the alert is triggered.

Regards
    Kaseya Support

So, again demonstrating a minunderstanding of the question and, evidently, a lack of understanding about how it works.

I actually CC'd my original enquiry to documentation@kaseya.com because I clicked on the feedback button. This was the response I got the day after support had finished with it:

Julian,

From the programmer:

“We set a flag on the patch when it is added to an installation script. We always run a post-installation patch scan. While processing the scan results, if the patch is missing and the flag was set, we know that the patch was not successfully installed. So, we mark it as failed.”

Donald Giroux
    Senior Technical Writer

I appreciate that support might not have known the answer to my question, but why couldn't they have got me as good a quality response from someone who did know?

• Looks like you got a Level 1 support tech that has not mastered reading and writing of English Sad He told you pretty much everything - except what you asked...

As soon as I sense a language problem, I reply "please escalate to a level 2 tech, as I cannot understand your English". That moves the ticket along Smile

• My biggest issue lately has been with BUDR, and getting K support involved has been a nightmare. They do not read the question, reply with KB articles that do not apply to my question, and keep asking for information that I have given them.
    However, one guy finally started being a little helpful, escalated the ticket to Acronis. However then I got told "you are backing up a database server, Acronis does not work properly with database servers. Deal with it."

Legacy Posted By Username: JonJohnston
  • Jon - was that quote from Acronis support, or Kaseya? I'd escalate this to level 2 for a confirmation. I am not familiar with BUDR/Acronis, but I can't imagine that it would not be able to handle "databases servers". I assume we are speaking of a SQL server of some sort?

I would tend to think BUDR issues quickly go over the heads of level 1 support.

JonJohnston
    However then I got told "you are backing up a database server, Acronis does not work properly with database servers. Deal with it."

• I vaguely recall someone telling me that if we wanted to backup database servers or exchange servers BUDR wasnt the best choice as it is not "DB or Exchange aware"... the "proper procedure" would be to script something to stop those services and those associated with it, run the back up then script something to start them up again...

To much trouble IMO... so we havent done it... yet...

Legacy Posted By Username: thirteentwenty