Kaseya Community

Kaseya PSA

• I have heard several times Kaseya are releasing their own PSA tool or add-on? Does anybody know when this will be? We are trying to decide if its worth waiting for this or going ahead with Autotask/Connectwise?

Thanks

Justin.

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya PSA,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JTomkinson@ans-uk.com
  • The Kaseya roadmap is here.

A full PSA add-on is probably a ways off, but the Service Desk module and possibly the agreement module will be a start in that direction. You might want to take a look through this thread for some more discussion on the Service Desk.

As far as waiting, I personally don't think that Kaseya will be able to match what Connectwise or Autotask can do on it's first release. I guess it depends on what you need. Have you demo'd both Autotask and Connectwise? What about Tigerpaw? Have you looked at them all?

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: CeruleanBlue
  • Also, are you aware the new PSA module will be another paid add-on? It doesn't come free as part of the core module unfortunately.

Cheers,
    -LWX

Legacy Posted By Username: LANWorx
  • Position from unnamed Kaseya Rep is that Servicedesk will not be targeted at PSAs like Connectwise, instead it is targeted at Kaseya enterprise customers as a helpdesk solution. Of course this is a great cover story while they go through multiple versions to attempt to catch up with the PSA market.

What I heard and my read.

Vernon Southmayd
    Creative Computing

Legacy Posted By Username: vernon@midmich.net
  • I'm a bit late on this one, but thought I'd throw my two cents in... Go with an established PSA solution, I think you'll find it to be worth it. We use ConnectWise here and it's fantastic. There is no way that Kaseya will be able to catch up to what CW does without years of dedicated development. CW acts as a sales funnel, inventory tool, management reporter, service desk/ticketing app, product purchasing/invoicing, billing tool, and RMA tool. At least for the foreseeable future, Kaseya is in too much of a different market space to catch up.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • Do you think connectwise is a waste for say a 2 man operation...?

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: lgarnier
  • Absolutely not!

We bought Connectwise when we were a two man shop. It's a great tool and will help you run your business efficiently.

Legacy Posted By Username: jsa@emrgroup.net
  • jsa@emrgroup.net
    Absolutely not!

We bought Connectwise when we were a two man shop. It's a great tool and will help you run your business efficiently.

Ditto. Sure it's a bit of an investment, but you have to put the back-end in at some point. Put it in now, it'll help you tremendously, and give you an easy path going forward when you need to add more staff.

Legacy Posted By Username: arobar
  • lgarnier
    Do you think connectwise is a waste for say a 2 man operation...?

Thanks.

CW is ESPECIALLY GREAT for a two man shop! takes a LOT of work you'd normally have to do by hand and automates it! Leaves you more time to service and GROW!!

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom