Kaseya Community

Kaseya Database Schema

• Hi All,
    I'm trying to generate custom reports from Kaseya with Crystal reports by accessing the SQLExpress instance directly.
    I'm having problems mapping out the general structure of the database though, is there any documentation available for it?

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Database Schema,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Octavia
  • A Data map would be very helpfull to many of us..please post this Smile

Legacy Forum Name: General Discussion,
    Legacy Posted By Username: camorton
  • Look on your KServer under the System tab at Database Views at the bottom of the list and hit help, Kaseya documents and supports accessing portions of the DB with Access and Crystal and even show you how to do it.

Legacy Posted By Username: jilderton
  • jilderton
    Look on your KServer under the System tab at Database Views at the bottom of the list and hit help, Kaseya documents and supports accessing portions of the DB with Access and Crystal and even show you how to do it.

We are talking about table/data dictionary of database, Kaseya documentation covers only provided views.

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi
  • If you are using SQL2000 and have SQL Enterprise Mnager installed you can generate Diagram Views of the database, which provides the table structure and relationships. This will provide all the informatio that you need.

There is a similar functionon SQL2005, but I cant remember where to find it at the moment.

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • PeterS
    If you are using SQL2000 and have SQL Enterprise Mnager installed you can generate Diagram Views of the database, which provides the table structure and relationships. This will provide all the informatio that you need.

There is a similar functionon SQL2005, but I cant remember where to find it at the moment.

And... You still don't know what is attribute used for, because there is no descriptions of attributes in database and for what is table xyz used for...
    Table and Attribute dictionary is used for this, for example, HP Service Desk has really nice dictionary.

BTW, in SQL 2005 you can create diagram under database-> Database Diagrams.

Legacy Posted By Username: rudi