Kaseya Community

KES 3.0 Progress Update ???

• Any word on KES 3.0 features or availability.

Jeff Keyes' comments on malware removal being beefed up is of particular interest. I don't want to invest further in Malwarebytes or other tools if an in-built feature is coming.

Legacy Forum Name: KES 3.0 Progress Update ???,
    Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • I am waiting for KES 3.0 just so all my reports are right. Nothing worse than showing a customer a report showing large numbers of virus "Unresolved"

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bdoohaluk
  • Sorry for the lag - we moved my family from WA to NV recently and am still recovering from that. Smile

We are making really good progress on the 3.0 front.

Key features we're working on:

- everything is profile driven
    - new UI - combine columns from other parts of the product to include in KES stuff.
    - another AV vendor in addition to AVG (this is huge - i know. All I can say right now is that the vendor is well known in the industry and focuses on the business segment of the market. Don't ask just yet...i'll make an announcement shortly)
    - integration with network discovery (check out the network discovery forum)
    - new alerting logic / engine

I realize that by posting this, I'll have raised more questions than I've answered. Our goal is to get this out within the next few months and start the beta process from there. I'd expect a long beta cycle given the feature set.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff.Keyes
    - another AV vendor in addition to AVG (this is huge - i know. All I can say right now is that the vendor is well known in the industry and focuses on the business segment of the market. Don't ask just yet...i'll make an announcement shortly)
    Jeff

This is great news! As long as it's a good vendor. AVG is starting to wear on us! Hopefully replacing the AVG's that are already in place is just a matter of clicking install on them and the install removes AVG automatically first. Is that hoping for to much?

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • Jeff
    When we can expect the launch of this updates. And I am hapeful that scheduling automatic updates at a specific day/time is also being considered in this.

Thanks
    Rajeev

Legacy Posted By Username: rajeevsharma
  • Im just going to let the cat out of the bag and say Trend Micro.

That's my guess anyway.

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz
  • chris@busy.co.nz
    Im just going to let the cat out of the bag and say Trend Micro.

That's my guess anyway.

Over the past 9 months (as their Symantec subscriptions came time to expire/renew), we have migrated 75% of our machines from Symantec -> AVG. Even with the automation, it was still an awful lot of effort - in terms of uninstalling Symantec, installing/configuring AVG, dealing with those darn roaming laptop PCs that never seem to be online, etc. Plus there was the very real business issue of dealing with all of the questions from clients about why the change was being made, hwo was it going to be better? were were previosuly recommending something that was not very good? and so on.

Over the next 3 months, we are scheduled to migrate the remaining 25%.

So, for us, I beleive that I would need to stick with AVG for at least another 15+ months maybe even a year beyond that, before I would want to deal with another AVG mass migration - in terms of technical uninstalls/installs, and in terms of explaining yet another AV protection change to our clients.

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • chris@busy.co.nz
    Im just going to let the cat out of the bag and say Trend Micro.

That's my guess anyway.

I hope not.

Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • My guess would be Symantec or TrendMicro. Both already work with various other vendors to integrate their offerings. My vote would be for Symantec though.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Well, let me tell you. The best and least resource taxing AV I've worked with in the past 10 years is NOD32. That would be Awsome.

Legacy Posted By Username: TNITG
  • My guess for the mystery AV vendor is Kaspersky. They are focused on business segment, have a very good engine with good speed, and are probably looking for a big contract because they haven't gotten a lot of traction in the US yet.
    NOD32 would be my next guess.

I doubt it would be any of the big three (Symantec, McAfee, Trend Micro) because they have little incentive to make a really good deal to make it affordable and profitable for Kaseya to integrate it.

Just my two cents.

Legacy Posted By Username: kentschu
  • I hope that Trend is NOT chosen. It is extremely buggy & bloated and doesn't have much better luck at picking up malware than AVG.

I switched off of Trend to move to AVG.

And please don't let it be anything that comes in a yellow box.

• I hope its not Trend as well. I have spent countless hours fighting with the firewall and tmcomm driver in WFBS.

Its unlikely but I'm crossing my fingers it will be malwarebytes

Legacy Posted By Username: jcourtney
  • Malwarebytes would be great. Given how clueless they are at sales, I would be surprised if Kaseya would be able to get them to understand what they would want.

• If it's Symantec or McaFee that'll be the end of KES for us.

NOD32 was great until they started adding personal firewall and all the other junk that Symantec screws up a system with.

Legacy Posted By Username: doug.jenkins@ispire.ca