Kaseya Community

AVG from KES causes LOTS of issues

• We have continual issues with AVG when it's installed and managed from Kaseya. Particularly on servers it likes to make network sharing painfully slow or just block completely. Usually disabling the Resident Shield, Link Scanner and just about everything else resolves it for a while. Sometimes those are disabled and it acts up anyway, which is usually fixed by rebooting.

I would really like to keep using AVG (so far I've only deplpoyed it on about 25% of our systems) but it's go so many issues I'm not sure if this is wise. I don't know if it's something to do with our setup or how we are configuring it or what. I'd like to know if this is prevelent or just isolated to us. We also use the MalwareBytes commercial version (it preceeded AVG) and haven't gotten rid of it yet because we wanted to make sure AVG was doing the job. Maybe these are in conflict? Does anyone know if they don't get along?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should keep AVG (through KES) or not.

Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: AVG from KES causes LOTS of issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: shankwc
  • In the next Release of KES (KES3) Kaseya are going to be offering Malwarebytes along side AVG and Kaspersky - Kaspersky will be an alternate AV engine to AVG.

Lots of people in the forum use both AVG, in its KES incarnation and 'raw' AVG incarnation alongside Malwarebytes at the moment, so there are no particular clashes between the 2 products.

Kaseya, in the guise of Jeff Keyes, have issued guidelines on which KES components should and should not be enables on Servers, as some of the KES options do not play well on servers.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • When will that be out??

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jasonvm
  • A major problem with AVG performance problems stems from the fact that AVG installed on a workstation scans network shares the workstation uses. This really stinks. You need to define directory exclusions that list the specific shares as \\servername\sharename. Soon as we did this, virtually all of our performance problems were resolved. Bummer is, you need to create this for each client site, as it won't work to just put the logical drive letter for the network drives, it must be the specific shares.

• Can you exclude the share names through the use of Profiles?