Kaseya Community

Kaseya Connect - My presentation

• KaseyaConnect_Security.pdf
    In case you didn't see it....here's the actual presentation I walked through.

If you didn't know, we have a relationship with two new (additional) vendors. Smile

Jeff

Legacy Forum Name: Kaseya Connect - My presentation,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • I like page 14 along with more things being controlled by profiles. Smile

Question: With Kaspersky in the picture, is there a plan to phase AVG out or will be continue to be supported?

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • In addition to Coldfirex's question, what will the plan be for existing KES licenses - will we be able to deploy KAV instead and migrate users over gracefully/over time?

And for more detail on slide 14, how much can we change with the skin/icon?

Legacy Posted By Username: bdoohaluk
  • Jeff can probably answer better but here is what I took from his presentation.

AVG will not be phased out. It will continue to be supported as long as we want to use it.

Any current KES licenses will be able to be converted to KAV licenses as long as they are somewhat new (last 2 years or so?). The pricing will be equal to KES.

The skin/icon is completely customizable (skin, icon, name). The only thing here is that you have to use a skin either the 'Kaseya Antivirus' skin or your own. You cannot use the Kaspersky default skin.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Is KAV going to have a server side installation for exchange/sharepoint similar to the current KES/AVG implementation?

Is malwarebytes going to be the full technician (realtime scanning) license.

Thanks

Legacy Posted By Username: JTomkinson@ans-uk.com
  • How is KAM (Kaseya Anti-Malware) going to be priced/bundled? Is it going to bundled into KES/KAV and provided at no additional license costs or is KAM going to be a seperate license that must be purchased?

Thanks in advance.

Joe

Legacy Posted By Username: edisystems
  • I don't remember for the sharepoint/exchange but I think you can see the active options from one of his slides.

From what I got... the Anti-Malware (malewarebytes) will be an additional modules with the real time scanning and will be $5 a license. Same licensing structure as KES. Full, partial, etc...

I doubt any of this is set in stone though.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • Thanks for the response GDRBrian. I appreciate you sharing what you learned.

Joe

Legacy Posted By Username: edisystems
  • any dates for this stuff...

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Thanks for this info Jeff, however most of it are bullet points that you elaborated on to your audience as you spoke.

Are there any other notes that you can share...or better yet...a webcast/video?

Thanks!

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • The recap of the Kaseya Connect is available at http://www.kaseyaconnect.com/recap.html?iframe this includes the video of Jeffs presentation Thursday 11:00 am.

You can also download most of the slide sets

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • Hopefully the Anti-Malware is bundled with the license.

Why the name change? KES before and now KAV & KAM? I really think KES was fine and the name should stay. The name change makes things confusing because it makes it seem like it's supposed to be a different product from kaseya and could incur more fees, etc. Which I don't think should be the case.

Part of buying modules from Kaseya and paying maintenance is version upgrades. I really am expecting these changes to be included in our licenses. Anti-malware is already in AVG. So I am not trying to jump the gun, but I wanted to put this out there in case this hasn't been decided on. Kaseya community should chime in here.

Legacy Posted By Username: far182
  • As long as Kaseya doesn't come up with something like Kaseya Remote Antivirus Protection (KRAP) for an acronym!!!!

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I agree. I maybe wrong here but Kaspersky AV 2010 which is what Kaseya are intergrating, does not have adequate spyware capabilities? Is this why malwarebytes is being offered?

That will mean two seperate malware engines running on machines which will surely affect performance. It would also seem we have to pay for the extra malwarebytes spyware module when AVG has it already.

Legacy Posted By Username: JTomkinson@ans-uk.com
  • Look, I don't see any single vendor offering a AV/AS product that handles both perfectly. From my perspective, AVG and Kapersky would give us good virus protection and some spyware protection. Malwarebytes has an excellent reputation for blocking and removing malware from systems (better that any of the AV vendors). So from my perspective, K is giving us options to work with. Want AVG only, Fine. Want Kaspersky only, fine. Want to include Malwarebytes with either one, fine. I like that K is giving me the options and letting me choose what to use. As long as they make sure we don't run into compatibility issues (malwarebytes blowing up one of the other engines) I'm good with it all.

At the end of the day, I really think that eventually Malware protection products will break away from the AV protection products and we'll have to start offering two separate products anyway.

My thoughts.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj