Kaseya Community

Reboot Required all the sudden

• We're getting "reboot required" messages from all agents with KES this morning. It's already foobarred one client's Outlook profile (the AVG add-in crashed miserably and had to be disabled).

I'm not very impressed with the added headache that KES is causing. It was *supposed* to make our lives easier. Eek

Legacy Forum Name: Reboot Required all the sudden,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mastermindpro
  • We too are getting this today. I don't trust that it is accurate, at least I hope it isn't as mass rebooting is a huge pain in the butt.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: DeltaESC
  • This has happened on all my agents with KES also, I would assume that AVG released an engine update that requires a reboot.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • Sure would be nice if Kaseya could delay AVG program updates (even if by just a few hours) so that they (Kaseya) could test them first (rather than us). But that would require a level of communication between AVG and Kaseya that we've never seen before Smile It would also require Kaseya to do regular testing - something which I think they shy away from...

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • Ahh yes...Kaseya has a public beta program. You join by paying for their software. Really guys, is it that hard to NOT screw this whole thing up? Kaseya needs almost as much babysitting as completely unmanaged machines do. That's just not right.

• This is the same problem as in December/January.

Weren't measures supposed to have been put in place to reduce the chance of this happening.

It would seem that Kaseya's discussions with AVG have already been forgotten.,

My situation is componded by all KES alerts are broken since we upgraded to K2. A hotfix was promised a fortnight ago, but so far it is still not working.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Not to hijack this thread. but on a somewhat related topic....

Has anyone had any problems, this week, with servers that show the Reboot Pending/Required icon, having a problem with booting whenever the reboot actually takes place?

I was talking with someone this week, who told me they had a number of servers experience windows boot problems earlier this week. He said he found it related to a bad AVG update. And that the situation was occuring on there servers that were shwoing the Reboot Required/Pending icon on the Security Status screen.

In order to get past the problem, they had to boot the servers into Safe Mode.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue this week?

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Don't know...I never put KES on servers.

• sorry guys for my "absence" here...I'll try to get on here more often.

SP3 from AVG was released - it required the reboot. You may have noticed the extra bandwidth in releasing this

That said, i wish I had gotten the note out that SP3 was due out. We did a bunch of testing to ensure compatibility (and did some fixes)...so the good news is that the only real experience folks had with SP3 was that a reboot was required.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes