Kaseya Community

Automatic KES update causing reboot

• Still doing some investigation but looking at the script log it appears the KES Update script is causing this server to reboot?

Legacy Forum Name: Automatic KES update causing reboot,
    Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • cnwicsurrett
    Still doing some investigation but looking at the script log it appears the KES Update script is causing this server to reboot?

A few questions to see if this machines the problem from th eother thread....http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/94/t/9618.aspx

- What is hardware? Is this a DELL PowerEdge 2900 server?

- What is O/S? Is this server running Windows Server 2008?

- If so, do you have DELL Server Administrator installed?

- If so, are there any events in the system log, from the DELL Server Administrator software, Source: Server Administrator, Event ID: 2336, include descriptions like the following:

Controller event log: Fatal firmware error: Driver detected possible FW hang, halting FW.: Controller 1 (PERC 6/i Integrated)

Controller event log: Fatal firmware error: Line 3622 in ../../raid/1078dma.c : Controller 1 (PERC 6/i Integrated)

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I had same exact error - PE2950 Perc5i.... its AVG 9 for sure...

Legacy Posted By Username: Light Speed
  • I am having this issue on an Acer Altos G540 running SBS2008 R2.

I have a support call logged but support is in a bit of disarray at the moment; I have disabled automatic updates on the server don't know if this is going to stop the crashes from occuring.

If anyone has any updates or fixes I'd love to know!

Legacy Posted By Username: ryane
  • ryane: do you have linkscanner installed on that server?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Thanks for the reply coldfirex - no linkscanner is not on the server; it is installed on one of the workstations though; would the updates be downloaded to the server to deploy out to workstations? And that causing the crash?

Legacy Posted By Username: ryane
  • I wouldnt have thought having the updates in the shared directory could possibly cause any issue. As that code will not be in memory or executing, its just sat there in an uninstalled form.

We dont have Link scanner on our servers, but the workstations do and all of the updates on our systems are on a UNC path on the server, similar setup to yourselves. We have never seen this problem, which confirms my statement above.

Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS