Kaseya Community

Two ? - How to handle Licenses / Security Disabled issue

• Hi folks,

Two questions.

1. How do people handle the KES licensing - issue we have is that if we have a client that has say 50 clients 30 of them might have been installed say in January then another 10 in April and the last ten say in June so out of these 50 we will have products expiring at different times.

What we are trying to do is let our sales team just manage the license end of things but we find the kaseya end of things really confusing. For the first year it is fine we set the number of licenses in KAseya license and our engineers can only install that amount but for year two the 50 licenses above have to become 100 even though 50 have expired so now the guys think the client has 100 and install away.

Are people just using the auto extend feature and letting their sales team worry about the licensing?

Do you get the emails for each client saying product expiring and then renew them manually.

How do you control the number of licenses that your guys can install -so if a client buys 20 but actually has 31 machines what stops your engineers just installing 31 and you losing the cost of the 6 licenses.

Ok second Question

We keep getting bloody Security Generated alert Protection disabled.

When we check them it is either one of two things.

1. KES updated and disabled the protection then a few minutes later reenabled it and as such there is no problem but we have a service ticket

2. Kaseya can not determine the status of KES so we have select machine and reenable resident shield - PAIN in the A%£

We get quite a lot of these each day and I need a way to tell them to go away.

Any help on both issues would be magic.

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: Two ? - How to handle Licenses / Security Disabled issue,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Yeah we use the auto-extend feature, so it takes care of keeping the licenses updated - we just keep rolling them in, and buying more when we need to. We pre-count the machines before the install, and charge on a monthly basis; there's probably occasionally 1 or 2 that slip through. NOT the best solution, but it's easier than tracking stuff.

I think I'd rather see a montly accounting from them: i.e. you've used 351 licenses this month, here's your bill - then we can compare and make sure we're charing correctly. but most likely that's AVG dictating thos terms, not Kaseya (probably why they're talking about a secondary AV offering!).

On the alerts bit, I hear you. It's a pain. I end up sending those alerts to a separate mail address and reviewing them there. Again, not the best solution, but avoids us getting abunch of alerts everytime an agent gets an update!

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • On a related note, Does anyone have any suggestions about how to pull licensing reports? Even if you use the auto-extend feature it would be nice to know what you're using.

Ideally it would be great to have some history (what’s installed, what’s expired, oldest license, newest license, etc), with a nice pie chart that shows percentage wise what’s expiring in the next 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc. etc.

Thoughts? I'm sure it's in the SQL tables somewhere, unless Kaseya is keeping that on their site (it looks like it has to check in with the Kaseya server for licensing)

Legacy Posted By Username: rbjsea
  • We bill based on the KES license usage on the last day of the month by Organisation.

We set an annual price per endpoint and divide by 12 and multiply by the license count.

We buy licenses as we need them.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • rbjsea
    On a related note, Does anyone have any suggestions about how to pull licensing reports? Even if you use the auto-extend feature it would be nice to know what you're using.

Ideally it would be great to have some history (what’s installed, what’s expired, oldest license, newest license, etc), with a nice pie chart that shows percentage wise what’s expiring in the next 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, etc. etc.

Thoughts? I'm sure it's in the SQL tables somewhere, unless Kaseya is keeping that on their site (it looks like it has to check in with the Kaseya server for licensing)

I just build the cost of the KES in to the monthly fee since I use it as a selling point for my customers. Remember bundling all the features together is the best selling in my opinion when it comes to managed services since from a management stand point why login to multiple servers to manage the local anativirus software?

Legacy Posted By Username: Chris T