Kaseya Community

AVG Command Line Options?

• Does anyone know any command line options in AVG? I was wondering if there is a command to update via the command line. We are trying to see what we can do to minimize our alerts. One idea was that if Kaseya reports update failures, we could run a script to update AVG manually. Another idea was to re-enable resident shield automatically whenever it is disabled, if there is a command line argument for that.

We already have the "Threat Not Healed" queuing scans of the licensed version of Malwarebytes. Any other ideas people have used to minimize alerts while still addressing issues would be appreciated.

Legacy Forum Name: AVG Command Line Options?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: bjfreeman
  • bjfreeman
    Does anyone know any command line options in AVG? I was wondering if there is a command to update via the command line. We are trying to see what we can do to minimize our alerts. One idea was that if Kaseya reports update failures, we could run a script to update AVG manually. Another idea was to re-enable resident shield automatically whenever it is disabled, if there is a command line argument for that.

We already have the "Threat Not Healed" queuing scans of the licensed version of Malwarebytes. Any other ideas people have used to minimize alerts while still addressing issues would be appreciated.

Here's a very simple script we used to use on a non-KES AVG installation before we replaced it. Perhaps it can help you.

Script Name: Update AVG 7
    Script Description:

IF Test File
    Parameter 1 : %ProgramFiles%\Grisoft\AVG7\avginetl.exe
    Exists :
    THEN
    Execute File
    Parameter 1 : %ProgramFiles%\Grisoft\AVG7\avginetl.exe
    Parameter 2 : /Update_AVG /Silent /ANTISPY
    Parameter 3 : 3
    OS Type : 0
    ELSE

Michael

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • I believe you can run the AVG update simply via a command shell.
    In the AVG install directory, run avgupd.exe.
    It's silent by default.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jdavis