Kaseya Community

AVG8.5 - odd dialog displays "Do you want to force the threat removal?"

• temp1.jpg
    I used KVNC to remote into a client machine yesterday and this odd AVG dialog window appeared. Users would never know how to respond to something like this. Honestly, I would not either since it does not tell me anything about the process or threat Sad

My VSA did not show any Current threats. It did show some in the Virus Vault, but those were several days old.

Anybody else ever see this?

I've submitted a ticket to support, but they are a bit slow to respond lately...

Legacy Forum Name: AVG8.5 - odd dialog displays "Do you want to force the threat removal?",
    Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • ReedMikel
    I used KVNC to remote into a client machine yesterday and this odd AVG dialog window appeared. Users would never know how to respond to something like this. Honestly, I would not either since it does not tell me anything about the process or threat Sad

My VSA did not show any Current threats. It did show some in the Virus Vault, but those were several days old.

Anybody else ever see this?

I've submitted a ticket to support, but they are a bit slow to respond lately...

That is definately a wierd message. I have never seen in myself, nor have I ever heard of any of our clients seeing it.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • Below is what level 1 support said when I submitted a ticket. I asked him to escalate to level 2, as his answer made little sense to me. I did some Google searches and it may turn out that this alert is itself a virus. I now tend to think it is a virus or malware, as I have never seen the process Avg8TrayMainWnd before on any system.

Dear Mike,

Thank you for contacting kaseya support

It simply means if the virus is attached to a system process and it is removed, then it can crash ( meaning simply restart ) your computer.

The issue is that sometimes, virus files can attach themselves to critical windows files.
    Removing the infected file can often also remove the windows system file that it is attached to. It is better than having a virus running on your computer.

Just read up on how to do a windows repair install:
    http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

Regards
    Kaseya Support

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • A quick google search reveals that it is not an AVG process.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex