Kaseya Community

Uninstall Exchange component?

• Howdy,

How would I go about uninstalling the Exchange component of KES on a server? We managed a server that has Exchange on it, but Exchange itself has been shutoff.

Thanks.

Legacy Forum Name: Uninstall Exchange component?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I just create a new profile with the Exchange Server component not checked, and call it Server No Exchange. If I have to 'uninstall' the exchange server component of KES on an existing install, I just push a reinstall using the new profile.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: FarVision
  • Currently, it uninstalls just the same as any other application that got installed. (We are working with AVG on doing the right thing here - uninstalling it as part of the uninstall / upgrade of the server). In a hotfix due out this week, the plan is to always uninstall the exchange plugin with each uninstall.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff,

The issue here comes in if someone wants to remove JUST the exchange component and leave KES installed. This should be an Add/Remove Option to make this happen without having to uninstall KES & Reinstall with a Different Profile.

Andy

Legacy Posted By Username: GradonSilverton
  • GradonSilverton
    Jeff,

The issue here comes in if someone wants to remove JUST the exchange component and leave KES installed. This should be an Add/Remove Option to make this happen without having to uninstall KES & Reinstall with a Different Profile.

Andy

Here here. Smile

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Coldfirex
    Howdy,

How would I go about uninstalling the Exchange component of KES on a server? We managed a server that has Exchange on it, but Exchange itself has been shutoff.

Thanks.

THis is a limitation with KES2.1 with AVG8.5 exchange component installs. Using KES UI, there is no option to uninstall the exchange component. However, if the install is using AVG9 with exchange component, a reinstall with AVG exchange component unchecked should remove the exchange component.

We are working on a hotfix to uninstall the AVG8.5 exchange component prior to the reinstall using AVG9.

Thanks
    Meghana

Legacy Posted By Username: meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com
  • Do Manual Instructions for the Removal of the 8.5 Exchange Component exist? We've been having an issue that is caused by AVG which Crashes the Clients Exchange Server. Removal of AVG causes no issues... once I reinstalled AVG (Without the Exchange Option & with 9 instead of the origional 8.5), the issue returned. I want to verify the 8.5 Exchagne Component is removed from the system completely.

Andy

Legacy Posted By Username: GradonSilverton
  • GradonSilverton
    Do Manual Instructions for the Removal of the 8.5 Exchange Component exist? We've been having an issue that is caused by AVG which Crashes the Clients Exchange Server. Removal of AVG causes no issues... once I reinstalled AVG (Without the Exchange Option & with 9 instead of the origional 8.5), the issue returned. I want to verify the 8.5 Exchagne Component is removed from the system completely.

Andy

KES team is working on a hotfix to unistall the exchange component before running the AVG9 exchange component install.

In the meantime, you can remove it from control panel->Add or Remove programs.

Meghana

Legacy Posted By Username: meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com