Kaseya Community

Exchange - "No Mailboxes are currently protected."

• KES-Exchange-Profile01.JPG
    I discovered today something in KES that has me fairly worried. Under KES > MS Exchange > Install/Remove, KES is reporting that "No Mailboxes are currently protected." (See KES-Exchange01.jpg)

KES Exchange Protection is Installed and Configured Via Profile (See KES-Exchange-Profile01.jpg)

KES Exchange has been installed for some time on select clients and was assumed to be functioning correctly as no errors or alerts were received to let us think otherwise.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Andy

Legacy Forum Name: Exchange - "No Mailboxes are currently protected.",
    Legacy Posted By Username: GradonSilverton
  • KES-Exchange01.JPG
    Attachment refers to previous post.

Legacy Forum Name: Exchange - "No Mailboxes are currently protected.",
  • Under the KES tab there is an option to Install Exchange Component - you must install this seperately to the installation of KES - once KES is installed ona machine that has exchange installed you will get the option here to install it and it will list the number of mailboxes that it will install for. Exchange is a seperate license to KES (in the old days you got one exchange per one kes but I believe now you buy them seperately)

The part in the profile I imagine is for the agent that actually has the exchange part installed.

To be honest when you compare this so called exchange component to the likes of symantec for exchange I really don't see it as a component of any use however others may disagree - the configurable options are rubbish and also from a licensing point of view symantec used to just license it as part of the number of SAV licenses you bought rather than the mailboxes as most companies have more mailboxes than pc's.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • Ignore my last comment sorry did not see small screenshot...

I reckon get onto Kaseya support - looks like a bug.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmartin
  • I'm having the exact same problem in 2010 with the new K2 release. Can anyone post what the resolution was to getting AVG Exchange to install?

Thanks.

Legacy Posted By Username: trichards
  • We ended up having to get Kaseya support into our Kaseya Database to work some voodoo...