Kaseya Community

AVG9\AVG Settings Manager in Start\Programs

• I've seen this get put into start\programs on installs I've done today is anyone else seeing this? This has happened on upgrades from 8.5 and fresh installs.

Legacy Forum Name: AVG9\AVG Settings Manager in Start\Programs,
    Legacy Posted By Username: jasonp
  • It only seems to appear on the Server Editions of AVG 9, I agree that it shouldnt be put there by the KES install process.

You can always delete the menu item from the start Menu by using a modified version of the 'Remove Kayeya Menu' Script as a temporary workaround untill Kaseya get the KES installing fixed.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: PeterS
  • Thanks! I opened a ticket with Kaseya and they said the same thing except they had no idea it only happens on the Server Edition. I will update the ticket with that info as well.

• Given the number of issues arising from AVG making coding changes in their product that are impacting KES, is there a way to stop AVG from downloading any updates other than new definitions?

I suspect that AVG is not written with the same philosophy as some other AV packages that only auto update with absolutely essential changes.

Jeff Keyes must be on a hard earned break, but let's hope Kaseya applies some more pressure to AVG soon to sort out these issues and stop eroding confidence in KES.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • I'm almost at the point of writing a script to disable updates on clients (except definitions) and disable Kaseya server auto-updates and just manually install hotfixes. It seems like every week I find a new heavy-impacting bug, usually caused by AVG changing something. That simple AVG Tray Icon issue totally killed our rebranding efforts =(

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • The only solution I have found to fix the AVG issues is to uninstall and remove KES.

Legacy Posted By Username: cnwicsurrett
  • FYI -
    Date: 16:11:36 5-Jan-10
    Jason,

This is a known issue. Dev is already working with AVG to resolve the bug.

Regards,

• cnwicsurrett
    The only solution I have found to fix the AVG issues is to uninstall and remove KES.

I think that's the solution to a lot of issues.

Michael

Legacy Posted By Username: RCS-Michael
  • I'm back...and I wish I had more of a break!

We are working hard with AVG on resolving these issues as quickly as we can. This one should come out in a hotfix that we'll work around the missed start menu icon...

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes