Kaseya Community

AVG 9 - released to KES when?

• Just a couple more notes about hotfix 10 (which enables AVG9)

- It will download AVG9 onto your KServer. That process time may vary, but when it is finished, you'll see the version number on the status page stating 9.0.xxxxx.
    - It takes another day for the Exchange / email server to upgrade to AVG9 as well.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Jeff.Keyes
    Just a couple more notes about hotfix 10 (which enables AVG9)
    - It will download AVG9 onto your KServer. That process time may vary, but when it is finished, you'll see the version number on the status page stating 9.0.xxxxx.
    - It takes another day for the Exchange / email server to upgrade to AVG9 as well.

Jeff,

Hello. thanks for the info.

A followup question... After Hotfix 10 is installed, I assume all new deployments will install AVG v9. But will the existing Agents running AVG v8.5 automatically update to AVG v9? If so, is there an expected time interval?

Or do we manually select them and over-install? I am not sure which I prefer, as I see pros and cons each way. Just wondering what to expect.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I wouldn't mind to get an answer on this either. Most likely we need to re-install? Correct?

Legacy Posted By Username: ddenhoed
  • Jeff - in KES3 will be able to set the schedule for KES/AVG definition and program updates (both LAN Share and regular agents)? I want all our clients to update at non-business hours. And I'd rather they only update once a day, instead of every several hours like it does now.

Any chance the scheduling tool could allow us to specify "when machine is idle"? That way no updates would occur during the first few minutes after a machine is powered on - when Windows is beating the crap out of the machine.

Take a look at Windows Task Scheduler, as it has always had an advanced setting "Only start the task if the computer has been idle for at least x minutes".

I wish that were a standard feature of Kaseya scripts!

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel
  • 9.0 showed up on my Server. So far so good...

Legacy Posted By Username: JMF
  • on ours to...when i install KES now it stays waiting for service. Already logged a ticket with K support

Legacy Posted By Username: Hans den Boer
  • Any (easy) way to know if 9.0 is on my kserver - short of deploying to a new agent?

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • lwolf
    Any (easy) way to know if 9.0 is on my kserver - short of deploying to a new agent?

Check the version of avginstall.exe located in the ~\Kaseya\WebPages\ManagedFiles\VSAHiddenFiles\av folder on your kserver. It should read either 8.x or 9.x.

Legacy Posted By Username: dsecker
  • ..or the Security Status page. At the top it will show "Current Installer Version"

• Hmm... Anybody else seeing weirdness with 9.0?

Installed on 3 PCs so far;

#1 - New install on new PC. AVG icon on tray even though that option is off in Installation Options.

#2 - Upgrade from 8.5 - Would not get a definition update. KES Agent log showed "Script succeeded, but client never reported update success". This client always got an update with 8.5. Had to perform Uninstall/Reinstall. AVG icon on tray (same as above)

#3 - Upgrade from 8.5 - Upgraded ok, but client shows an AVG dialog box asking to perform optimization scan. Dialog box still showing after first full scan. AVG icon on tray (same as above)

It's late, I'll open 3 tickets tomorrow...

EDIT: Tickets opened...

• Yes we too are seeing weirdness with 9.0

They include:
    - AVG icon showing in taskbar.
    - avgcsrvx.exe and/or avgrsx.exe (cant remember which one) causing high CPU
    - avgchsvx.exe GPF errors on users screen.

Can't say that I am too impressed with 9.0 being rolled out without any notification to KES customers! Definition updates are one thing....but entirely new AV Editions is unacceptable.

I'm not looking forward to calls/cleanup tomorrow Mad

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but 9.0 doesn't get rolled out to your clients until you perform a (re)install.

At least none of my clients are reporting that they received it on their own.

Haven't seen your CPU/GPF issue yet, but thanks for the heads-up, I'll watch for it.

Jeff

• ahh that is a great relief.

I have been deploying some new clients over the last few days and come to think of it....this is where I am seeing the problems.

I have some new issues to add to the 9.0 list....

- 9 installs, but doesnt remove 8. They both kinda run, dont work and wont uninstall. I had to boot to safe mode to delete both installs.
    - AVG Remove by user status given (it hasnt been).
    - FAILED at XXXX (Could not start AVG installer)

Legacy Posted By Username: XeviouS
  • Wow Eek

Make sure you open tickets if you haven't already...

• I've noticed many times that AVG does not fully uninstall when removed thru the VSA. This goes back to 8.0. Sounds like they have not improved their uninstall logic in 9.x ...

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel