Kaseya Community

Remove Symantec Endpoint Protection

• I need to remove Symantec Endpoint Protection from over 100 PCs, does anyone know of a script that will work for this version of symantec? I tried a pre-made script that was in the content package but that did not work.

Legacy Forum Name: Remove Symantec Endpoint Protection,
    Legacy Posted By Username: tim@xxpert.net
  • tim@xxpert.net
    I need to remove Symantec Endpoint Protection from over 100 PCs, does anyone know of a script that will work for this version of symantec? I tried a pre-made script that was in the content package but that did not work.

There are a number of scripts for this in the Scripts forum.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • www.appremover.com also has a nifty program that helps there

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Yes Jeff, but according to their EULA it's not free for corporate or use on more than one machine. A license has to be purchased. I know that won't stop most, but just so you guys know.

Legacy Posted By Username: boostmr2
  • Syamantec has a "cleanwipe" tool available for newer SEP products and a "nonav" tool for older.

You'll need to open a support call with Symantec to get the cleanwipe, they don't post it publicly, for obvious reasons Smile

Not sure about cleanwipe, but KES will complain about nonnav being a threat during a scan. I ended up writing a script to remove it.

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: JMF
  • thanks for the note on licensing...

Here's an interesting FAQ on the topic

http://www.avg.com/faq?num=1740

(Lots of links there)

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • You could use the uninstall string taken from the registry. HKLM>Software> Microsoft>Windows>Current Version>Uninstall (off the top of my head)

Use the command in the uninstall string and create a script to execute the shell command.
    Symantec use msi to install and remove so it makes it nice and easy.
    The uninstall string for 11.0.4 is MsiExec.exe /I{D689B418-235A-4290-A0A5-A75E490E0351} so the shell command to run is MsiExec.exe /I{D689B418-235A-4290-A0A5-A75E490E0351} /qn /norestart REBOOT=ReallySuppress (if you want it silent)
    Just make a simple script to execute as system. Make sure to use the uninstall script for the correct version. Also you’ll need to uninstall live update if that’s installed to. Can be done the same way.

Legacy Posted By Username: clynch
  • Check out this thread. It was worked well for us

Script to remove Symantec AV v8-10

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/28/t/6311.aspx

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf