Kaseya Community

Merge account, is KES license merged too?

• Hello,

Where are replacing machines. If i merge the old account with the new one, is the KES-license transfered too?
    Deleting the account (from kaseya) does not always free the associated license.

Perhaps any tips/suggestions when replacing hardware?

Regards,

Gerwin

Legacy Forum Name: Merge account, is KES license merged too?,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdekeijzer
  • Good question. We would like to know as well please.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Ditto. Does anyone know, or can Kaseya chime in?

Legacy Posted By Username: BulletproofSean
  • So, I ended up starting a support call with Kaseya, not really because of this thread, but because I had this situation and I wanted to know how to correctly handle it.

[QUOTE="Kaseya says:"]If the machine dies, there are a couple of options, depending on how you handle the new machine. If you are going to give the machine a new agent, you can simply delete the old agent from kaseya, this will free up the partial license.

Please refer the below KB article for more information:

http://kb.kaseya.com/article.asp?article=282281&p=11855
    [/QUOTE]

Then, I asked "What if we merge the old agent with the new? Does that apply the KES license properly?"

[quote="Kaseya's answer:"]If you are associating the agent with the old agent account,no action will be required, apart from re-installing KES on that machine.Kaseya will already have a partial license associated with that agent.[/quote]

So, at first I wasn't sure that was a direct answer to my question, but upon re-reading, I think it is.

Hope that helps.

• ....aaand I just did a rename/merge and the KES counts remained as expected. Yay!

• How long does it take for the KES license to be freed up after deleting an old agent? I just deleted the agent for a machine that died, but I'm not seeing the partial license show up to apply to the new computer.

Legacy Posted By Username: aott
  • It's usually right away. If you hover your mouse over where it says "License Counts", do you have any in "Other" status? If so, I was told by our Account Manager that any time that happens to open a ticket and they'll fix it. I don't think it's happened to us since we moved to KES 2.1 though, but prior to 2.1 it used to happen all the time.

• The process of recovering the license from a deleted agent takes about a day (its a nightly process)

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Interesting. I've observed different behavior, but I only have a handful of experiences to choose from.