Kaseya Community

Cookies starting to report back in

• Within the past week, we have noticed a large increase of COOKIES being reported back to KES. Some display as threats and others move into the virus vault. The system is designed to delete them automatically, WHY are these starting to report in? Please advise! SEE EXAMPLE BELOW!

Settings\akoop\Cookies\akoop@adtech[1].txt 1:08:04 PM 13-Jul-09 (?) Found
    acer-alan.ats c:\Documents and Settings\akoop\Cookies\akoop@advertising[2].txt 1:08:04 PM 13-Jul-09 (?) Found
    acer-alan.ats c:\Documents and Settings\akoop\Cookies\akoop@atdmt[2].txt 1:08:04 PM 13-Jul-09 (?) Found
    acer-alan.ats c:\Documents and Settings\akoop\Cookies\akoop@bs.serving-sys[1].txt 1:08:05 PM 13-Jul-09 (?) Found

Legacy Forum Name: Cookies starting to report back in,
    Legacy Posted By Username: J T Matta
  • I have seen this to lately, and we arent even scanning cookies. It supposedly is the new IDP component (if you are on KES 2.1 Beta) causing these issues.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Not on the KES 2.1 Beta, what else could be causing this?

Legacy Posted By Username: J T Matta
  • Did you do scheduled scans as well? If so, make sure you did not check the scan for tracking cookies in the full scan property sheet in the profile.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • I'm also seeing this on one of our clients. That I'm getting a lot of notifications on the cookies. I'm tired of manually deleting them out, why can't AVG auto delete cookies?

nick

Legacy Posted By Username: ndoud
  • boudj
    Did you do scheduled scans as well? If so, make sure you did not check the scan for tracking cookies in the full scan property sheet in the profile.

This was the solution to my problem with Cookie detections about 2 weeks ago. I had unchecked Cookies in the Security Profile for Resident Shield, buy I had overlooked it in Scheduled Scans in the Security Profile.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • We are seeing this now as well. Just in the last week or two.

Legacy Posted By Username: mmoore
  • Jeff - Did something change to start causing this?

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I noticed this too, some clients have 75-100 cookies in the virus vault. Not really a problem, just shocked my heart a bit to see so much red in the security tab.

Legacy Posted By Username: kroberts210
  • We are in the process of hotfixing this issue for KES2.0 . For KES2.1 beta customers, this will be resolved with 2.1 release.

Thanks
    Meghana

Legacy Posted By Username: meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com
  • This past weekend, I uninstalled Symantec Antivirus from a machine and then installed KES.

The Security Profile has "Scan for Tracking Cookies" UNCHECKED for both Resident Shield and Scheduled Scans.

Yet, a machine has 50 files currently detected as threats, all of which are cookies.

I am running Endpoint Security: v2.1.42963.0. (2.1, Beta3, with the updated KES DLL)

The machine shows v8.5.392 270.13.36/2272

Is there a way to get AVG to ignore the cookies ?

Lloyd

• Lyod,

Do you have a ticket on this issue.?

Thanks
    Meghana

Legacy Posted By Username: meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com
  • I created it an hour or so ago
    ============================
    KES detecting cookies as threats
    Ticket ID: 189311
    ============================

• I'm curious as to the status of this with the Gold version of KES 2.1.

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • In the ticket, on Friday, K support engineer reported that the he cleared/emtied the virus vault.

Friday night I updated to the Gold version of KES 2.1.

Scheduled scans occured on Saturday AM and Sunday AM, and so far, no cookies were detected and moved to the Virus Vault. But then again, I don;t think the user woudl have even touched the machine since the purging and udpating the KES 2.1 Gold.

I will continue to watch over the next few days, and update the ticket and this forum post.

Lloyd