Kaseya Community

Resident Shield being disabled

• I have created a ticket just wondering if anyone came across the resident shield being disable. I have machines which are enabled then become disable then when we enable they become disabled later that day or next. This was with one client now it is happening with more than just one client. We do not have any spyware programs like spybot installed.

Thanks
    Grant

Legacy Forum Name: Resident Shield being disabled,
    Legacy Posted By Username: gdoubinin
  • Grant,

Hi. What version of KES are you running?

I had a number of tickets open with Kaseya with this problem while I was using various beta versions of KES v2.1. Since I went to the gold version of 2.1, and got some of the post 2.1 hotit fixes, I have not seen the problem return.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • lwolf
    Grant,

Hi. What version of KES are you running?

I had a number of tickets open with Kaseya with this problem while I was using various beta versions of KES v2.1. Since I went to the gold version of 2.1, and got some of the post 2.1 hotit fixes, I have not seen the problem return.

Lloyd

are the post 2.1 hot fixes part of the nightly check for updates or did yo manully install hot fixes? If it was manual, then where do I get them?

Legacy Posted By Username: SmittyofDHS
  • all of the hotfixes were automatically installed, nothign was installed manually.

But I will add that my staff told me today that they observed a number of machines reporting Resident Shield disalbed on the KES Status Screen yesterday and today. I will need to investigate further.

Lloyd

• patches are automatically done as well. I was told by support to reinstall. I have done it and still having same problem. I have to do a reboot of the problems machines tonight and support wants to remote into the problem machines. I will update when I get something back

Grant

• happening to us too, even with 2.1 gold. Last night @ 5:00 there was 5 machines with shield turned off, this morning it's double that. Opening a ticket with support right now.

• gdoubinin
    patches are automatically done as well. I was told by support to reinstall. I have done it and still having same problem. I have to do a reboot of the problems machines tonight and support wants to remote into the problem machines. I will update when I get something back

Grant

Thanks grant... I figure it would be an automatic d/l. This is just bizarre, this shouldn't be happening on a managed software, how can one trust that it's working with it has so many problems.

• SmittyofDHS
    happening to us too, even with 2.1 gold. Last night @ 5:00 there was 5 machines with shield turned off, this morning it's double that. Opening a ticket with support right now.

Just to be clear.... what is reporting Resident Shield as being disabled - the Kaseya Security Status screen? or the AVG GUI?

I have had some instances in the past where the Kaseya Security Status screen was reporting Resident Shield as being disabled, yet when I looked at the AVG GUI on the actual machine, it said Resident Shield was actively running.

Both situations still require help from Kaseya support - it is just two different problems. I was wondering which problem you were actually having.

Lloyd

• lwolf
    Just to be clear.... what is reporting Resident Shield as being disabled - the Kaseya Security Status screen? or the AVG GUI?

I have had some instances in the past where the Kaseya Security Status screen was reporting Resident Shield as being disabled, yet when I looked at the AVG GUI on the actual machine, it said Resident Shield was actively running.

Both situations still require help from Kaseya support - it is just two different problems. I was wondering which problem you were actually having.

Lloyd

So far mine have been from the security status screen. Haven't been able to confirm if it's on the AVG GUI. I had a conference call with our Kaseya sales rep today regarding some other prolonged issues and he told me that due to the way AVG reports the status of the resident shield back to Kaseya can be caused to show a disabled status due to certain features of Resident Shield being turned off. In our case, we only turn off scanning of tracking cookies. His tech said that shouldn't cause the shield to show as disabled but if any other features are turned off that could possibly be the problem.

My concern is that between yesterday @ 5:00 and today (almost 5) my number of devices that have resident shield disabled has changed. last night it was at 5, this morning it was up to 10, thru the day it changed between 8-10, and now it's back to 5. Why would it do that?

Also, there are many devices showing resident shield not installed, how is that even possible?

• I am thinking that this might be a return of the prior problem I experienced during. KES 2.1 Beta testign where the KES Security Status screen was incorrectly reporting the status of the Agent.

If possible, please check the AVG GUI for a machine or two that are reporting Resident Shield disabled or Resident Shield not installed. My guess is, if it is the same problem, that you will find the AVG GUI reports that Resident Shield is installed, and active.

If you find that to be the case, please report this incorrect reporting problem to Kaseya Support. You can also report to them that it sounds like the same problem as my ticket ID #187277 (Resident Shield status is not accurate)

Lloyd

• I verified that the RS is turned off in the avgui. I have reinstalled and seemed to have corrected. Will monitor

• Opened a ticket with support as well, ticket id 192788.

What was observed was that Resident Shield was disabled and Windows Security Center showed AV was turned off. A reboot cleared this.

Support was asking for the precise time the Windows Security Center notification came up, but the end user could only say it happened in the morning sometime.

I will have to monitor the situation and this thread for any further news.

Legacy Posted By Username: smbtechnology
  • Hello All

I had the protection disabled option in the alarm set to email me when this happened. I never got an email ever. I restalled the KES to the machines that kept on having problems and so far so good.

Grant

• As much as it's a nuisance, we're finding a reinstall does the trick.

A sure fire way to give our noc WAN's something to do but o well...

Legacy Posted By Username: chris@busy.co.nz