Kaseya Community

Malware Issues

• Our clients lately have been having tons of Malware problems. I have been getting 3-5 calls a day about machines that are running KES that have been infected with Malware such as Antispyware 2009. Has anyone else been having this problem? Am I not configuring something properly in my profiles? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Josh

Legacy Forum Name: Malware Issues,
    Legacy Posted By Username: hullface
  • We haven't run into any issue with Antispyware 2009 since moving to KES 2.1 (we use webshield), however that little guy is a nasty that can get by the best scanners.

I have found KES to be as good as the major players (like Symantec, McAfee, Trend, etc...). I have found it to be as bad as the major players. In essence, it will have its strengths and weakness just like any other AV vendor. Now the thing I do love about KES is the integration into Kaseya. This is what makes this tool a boon for IT companies, and the main reason why I made the switch over to it 1 1/2 years ago. I now have over 1000 kes agents deployed, and I am pleased with the overall return on investment it has been for my business.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Josh,

When you install KES, do you install Link Scanner->Active Surf Shield and Link Scanner->Search-Shield?

I have a ticket open with K Supprt now... reporting more virus issues since AVG changed the rating levels. See this post

AVG Search Shield shows yellow exclaimation mark

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/94/t/9412.aspx

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • We currently use SonicWALL enforced agent (McAfee) with Av at the gateway and Antispyware 2009 and all his little friends seem to just walk in whenever they feel like it. We just have to have malwarebytes close by to fix it.

Legacy Posted By Username: support@hdtech.com
  • Josh - MalwareBytes has been very effective in getting rid of AntiSpyware200x.

I have also found it helpful to remove users' local admin rights. A lot of malware cannot do damage, or does far less damage, when stripped of administrator rights...

Legacy Posted By Username: ReedMikel