Kaseya Community

Problems deploying KES to machines

• Last Friday, I installed KES 2.1 Gold version.

Today was the first day that I installed KES on new machines since then. I installed on 3 machines today, and had problems with all 3 machines.

The install scripts seem to have run, but on the Install/Remove Screen, there is no green check in the Install Status column. There is also no note saying the install failed.

If I go to the Apply Alarm Sets screen, the text in the Alarm Set column says "Install Failed. Cannot Assign Alarm Sets"

My number of UnUsed Licenses in the License Pool decreased, so Kaseya licening seems to think the license was installed.

Script History shows the following:
    - KES Get AVG Install Log 8:26:37 pm 6-Aug-09 Failed THEN in step 2 *System*
    - KES Kill Windows Defender Before Install 8:25:05 pm 6-Aug-09 Success ELSE *System*
    - KES Install AVG 8:25:05 pm 6-Aug-09 Success THEN *System*
    - KES Install via LAN 8:23:36 pm 6-Aug-09 Success ELSE lloydwolf
    - KES Install 8:23:36 pm 6-Aug-09 Success THEN lloydwolf
    - KES Install Service 8:23:35 pm 6-Aug-09 Success THEN lloydwolf
    - Check XML Parser 8:23:07 pm 6-Aug-09 Success ELSE lloydwolf

Machines have been patched successfully via Kaseya, so there is no issue with File Source, Credentials, or Permissions.

Any idea what is going on? or how to troubelshoot? ?

I did sumit a ticket to K support, Ticket ID 189987.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: Problems deploying KES to machines,
    Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I did a little more troubleshooting...

Installing from the kserver seems to work. Machines have been patched successfully via Kaseya, so I know there is no issue with File Source, Credentials, or Permissions.

Not sure what is going on.

Lloyd

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
  • chalk me up to a fix for installing directly from kserver.
    Any update on the fix for this?

Legacy Posted By Username: quicktech
  • Thanks for the info.

Please submit a ticket to K Support, and tell them you are seeing the same problem as what I reported in Ticket ID 189987 - fails using normal install method (using patch fiel source), but successful when installing directly from kserver, since installed KES 2.1 Gold.

That way they will know I am not the only one, and can have DEV take a look and fix it (and hopefully soon).

Thanks!

Lloyd

• ticket submitted

• Jeff or Meghana,

Hell. Do you still see my ticket? When I check via the Portal today, it is no longer listed - either as open or closed.

Ticket ID 189987

Thanks for the help.

Lloyd

• any follow up to this?
    Kaseya Support has said that it was because of a corrupted download, although I just set up a new client that had new agents / KES installed and had the same problem so I don't think that is the probme
    I will be updating the Kaseya Ticket

In order to install KES I had to push from kserver

Dustin

• I experienced the same problem again today, for another site/machine group.

Lloyd

• My ticket ID 190079

• quicktech
    any follow up to this?
    Kaseya Support has said that it was because of a corrupted download, although I just set up a new client that had new agents / KES installed and had the same problem so I don't think that is the probme
    I will be updating the Kaseya Ticket

In order to install KES I had to push from kserver

Dustin

Of course they say that. That way THEY don't have to try to fix it. Great for their bottom line.

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Same issue here. Can't install from file source. Have to install from KASEYA SERVER.

I guess we ALL have corrupted files, cuase Kaseya has said it COULDN'T be their problem.

Legacy Posted By Username: Interprom
  • Same problem here. Opened a ticket 5 days ago. Last response was Friday at 3:30 Pm

Credentials are correct, Share has proper permissions, the KES installer is getting pushed to the server. When we click on the desktop to install immediately, it does push out the package to the client (to the temp\KES). Then we get an error in step 4. Not sure what step 4 is.

Install from Kserver works without a hitch.

A status update on if this is an issue or not would be appreciated.

Legacy Posted By Username: jestes
  • Have you tried deleting the avginstall file from the patch source and then trying to install again? It should then download the avginstall file from the KServer and put it back on the patch source.

If you don't run KES on the patch source file machine, you can also try renaming the KES folder there. Everything that it needs should be re-downloaded.

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • I received a message from K support that the problem that occurs when installined via patch file source has been identified, and a solution is being worked on. It will be hot-fixed, altough no specific time frame was provided.

In the meantime, we;ll have to install via kserver.

Lloyd

• Got the hotfix, testing it out in the next couple of hours or so. Will Update

Legacy Posted By Username: jestes