Kaseya Community

Installing Exchange Component in KES 2.1 B3

• Have installed KES 2.1 B3, but now I don't see the "Install Exchange" component.

Has this moved somewhere to where can't see it?

Legacy Forum Name: Installing Exchange Component in KES 2.1 B3,
    Legacy Posted By Username: aussie_flyer
  • Exchange Server installation now uses the off the shelf installer for SBS servers. Install from Install/Remove page take care of this and you don't have to do a separate Install for Exchange. You can see the satus of your install in Exchange Status page

Thanks
    Meghana

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com
  • meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com
    Exchange Server installation now uses the off the shelf installer for SBS servers. Install from Install/Remove page take care of this and you don't have to do a separate Install for Exchange. You can see the satus of your install in Exchange Status page

Thanks
    Meghana

In my Install Options, I see no reference to installing the Exchange component for AVG.
    I can see in the Profiles to "Enable AVG for Exchange Server".
    Prior to 2.1 B3, there was an option to "Install Exchange component".

With reference to the above "Install from Install/Remove page take care of this and you don't have to do a separate Install for Exchange. " I have no options to install the Exchange component for AVG.

This has suddenly turned critical, as I have tried to install on 5 exchange servers over the past few days.

• Are you saying that we dont have the ability to *not* install the Exchange component anymore? There are situations where we *dont* want it installed.

Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • I can't see to install or NOT install.

• I too am confused. I don't understand what "Exchange Server installation now uses the off the shelf installer for SBS servers" actually means.

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • With KES2.1 release(Not beta 3), we have added a feature to Install/Not install exchange component.

Thanks
    Meghana

• meghana.subramanian@kaseya.com
    With KES2.1 release(Not beta 3), we have added a feature to Install/Not install exchange component.

Thanks
    Meghana

When will we see this release?

Legacy Posted By Username: GDRBrian
  • GDRBrian
    When will we see this release?

Within 2 weeks

Thanks
    Meghana