Kaseya Community

KES/AVG and Citrix Web Access

• We currently rolled out KES. Since then, users cannot access Citrix Web Access with the AVG Watchdog service is running. If we disable, it is fine. Does anyone know any directories i should omit or AVG monitoring I should stop. Thanks

Legacy Forum Name: KES/AVG and Citrix Web Access,
    Legacy Posted By Username: chipscc
  • Interesting. We just messed up a production Citrix Xenapp 5 server by installing AVG on it. Out of the box, Xenapp allows for nice dual screen functionality to maximize an app to one of your monitors just by clicking maximize (instead of spanning across both monitors). Once we installed AVG, this functionality broke and most apps now spam both monitors when maximized. Many apps do it, but Microsoft Office apps are the most critical here.

Now, even after an uninstall of AVG and a complete scrub of the registry for AVG entries, I can't make it work again. Does AVG mess with Office itself?

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: JRauch
  • I'd love to get a ticket logged here so we can ensure we do the right thing with Citrix servers. I know we have a KB article floating around about the correct functions to run with it....

Jeff

(Assign to me and I'll help get this taken care of)

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • chipscc and JRauch,

Hello. Just wondering if you guys have made any progress on getting KES to workin with Citrix servers.

Did you submit support tickets? If so, what were the results?

We are preparing to make the leap from Symantec to KES/AVG. We have several customers with Citrix servers, and of course, it would be bad if we introduce issues that did not exist before.

I also read the following thread with much interest.

KES 2.0 and terminal Server

http://community.kaseya.com/xsp/f/94/t/9188.aspx

Lloyd

Legacy Posted By Username: lwolf
  • I had problems with the WEB shield enabled. Do a full uninstall and installed without the WEB shield and everything worked.

Legacy Posted By Username: bill.goldin
  • Bill,

Hi. Was the problem with Web Shield being installed on the Citrix Server itself? Or on a client machien tryign to access the Citrix server?

Lloyd

• The problem was on the Citrix server. We had this happend to about 10 servers.

Legacy Posted By Username: bill.goldin
  • Bill,

Thanks very much for sharing. Actually, upon further review and remembering, we are not installing Web Shield - just Link Scanner->Active Safe Search and Link Scanner->Search-Shield.

When we were first evaluating KES, someone (can't exactly remember who) told me that Web Shield had caused LAN issues. On our own network, I had forgot, and installed it on a few machines, and they had issues connecting to our server. I reinstalled without it, and the problem went away.

Thanks again. I will probably install KES on our first Citrix server next month.

Lloyd

• We have a rule of thumb with regards to installing KES to Citrix Servers we manage (and I do manage quite a few of them). Install core product and leave off the web shield and link scanner and email scanner. This philosophy has worked very well (no issues) and to date we have not had "malware" type issues yet (of course we do not promote using citrix to browse the web either).

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj