Kaseya Community

Items that dont delete in Threats\Vault

• Howdy,

I have noticed that we have several items that I have tried to delete numerous times from the 'Current Threats' and 'Virus Vault' tabs that just dont delete. They are still showing their original data (some from 2008).

Any ideas how to get rid of them once and for all?

Thanks,
    Alan

Legacy Forum Name: Items that dont delete in Threats\Vault,
    Legacy Posted By Username: Coldfirex
  • Hey Alan,

What version of KES are you running? I know I used to have this issue with 2.0 and prior, but in KES 2.1 I no longer have this issue.

Legacy Forum Name: KES,
    Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • We are still on KES 2.0.

• I saw this as a problem when we upgraded to 2.0. There were virus vault entries from prior to our upgrade that weren't cleared out yet, and 2.0 had issues with clearing them out. Talking with K support, they went ahead and corrected this issue with 2.1 and then I was able to clear out these items. Check with Jeff.Keyes@kaseya.com about moving to the Beta (2.1) of KES. I've been using now for over a month without any issues and recommend it.

Legacy Posted By Username: boudj
  • Jeff - Is upgrading to KES 2.1 the the only way to get rid of this issue?

• (I can't remember exactly what our plan was).

In KES 2.1, I know we have several options:
    - Remove from this list
    - Heal now removes from the list (even if the file is gone)
    - Delete now removes from the list (even if the file is gone).

Also
    In KES 2.1, we'll automatically clear the list of threats with each scan. The assumption is that all threats found that are still active will be found again. The cleared threats show up as a new status on the report.

So....

My recommendation is to move up to KES 2.1. Smile

Jeff

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes
  • Sounds good to me.
    If we hop on board for 2.1, and new builds of it come out do we have to manually reinstall them or will it be automatically applied like current hotfixes? If we do have to manually reinstall, will we be notified of a new build?
    Thanks!

• (open to anyone)

Send me an email and I'll send you the info on installing.

Essentially you need to re-install KES on the server. It will shutdown the kserver for a bit.

The email you send me will be so i can add you to the email DL that I have for all the beta sites (production and test).

Jeff

jeff.keyes@kaseya.com

Legacy Posted By Username: Jeff.Keyes